The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
nice to think that a bunch of folk could meet up, do a ride, and then chill with some tunes on decent kit.
strange how the same hobbies appeal to the same bunch of people too.
we all like spending rediculous sums of money on things that do a basic job. :LOL: bikes only become more complicated the more you spend, same with hifi :?

apache

were probably members of the same forums mate. good chance we have crossed paths on wam or pfm if your a member?

Got these Wharfdale speakers today just right size for our flat and a good price. Shame my amp didn't arrive. The seller sent me a pioneer cassette deck :(

I hope his reply is good and a amp will soon arrive

Tell me about it! The reverb in my lounge is ridiculous. Seems to be a good route to boomy bass. :cry:

The plan (assuming we ever sell our house!) is still to have a dedicated listening room, and some sensibly (bigger!) sized speakers.

Crossland, I tend to steer clear of membership of hifi forums - I lurk and read, but don't post - as I'd be banned in short order for outing pseudoscience and general fairy dust bullsh*t.

I was thinking of making a false wall to mount the plasma in (sooo 2003!) and using car audio amps and speakers for the rest. Cant be bothered with 'Hi-Fi' so much now.

legrandefromage":fb11yg04 said:
those floors do music listening no good whatsoever.

Agree. But it's not my flat so i'm not going to fit carpet. i wish i could, hate wooden floors

legrandefromage":4ej7mpg7 said:
I was thinking of making a false wall to mount the plasma in (sooo 2003!)

:LOL:

This is my effort from around 2005. The kids have their Wii hooked up to this one now, us adults have a 47" LG in the other room.

DSC_0004-1.jpg

apache":f9esst04 said:
Crossland, I tend to steer clear of membership of hifi forums - I lurk and read, but don't post - as I'd be banned in short order for outing pseudoscience and general fairy dust bullsh*t.

haha, not on the forums i use mate. fairy dust and snake oil is ridiculed on a daily basis. makes for interesting reading now and then.

Back