A bit of neon from Japan, the Kuwahara project...

and another great build from nader! even if you don't like your bikes, your pictures alone make it worth having a look!

indeed stem and post look like a perfect match. I think the fork is a perfect match with the frame too. Maybee even because of the colours not being a perfect match. sounds strange, doesn't it ;)

thanks all :D

perhaps out of boredom but I've made a few experiments

first attempt

kuw48.jpg

the result was not satisfactory!! :(:( (colors were not the same)

kuw49.jpg

..so the fork went to the lab :LOL: (it was hard work)

kuw50.jpg

kuw51.jpg

kuw52.jpg

of course the old decals will be replaced by new

and now looks good

kuw53.jpg

kuw54.jpg

Although I loved them in pink I've got to admit they look better in black.

Tc

Very interesting project. The quirky Japanese Kuwahara is something different and the level of perfection is very high.

Very, very nice! I love a bit of neon.
Did you really grind .2mm off of the diameter of that lovely black XT seatpost??
5 retrobike hailmary's if you did

MADJEZ":3v9qo5zd said:
Get better & better each time.

You'll be needing one of these to go with it (don't think they do pink !).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300629738...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$(KGrHqF,!h8E5cho0EiBBOc4KiJPcw~~60_12.JPG

thanks, this is very cool! ;)

Elev12k":3v9qo5zd said:
Very interesting project. The quirky Japanese Kuwahara is something different and the level of perfection is very high.

thanks mate. :D

makster":3v9qo5zd said:
Very, very nice! I love a bit of neon.
Did you really grind .2mm off of the diameter of that lovely black XT seatpost??
5 retrobike hailmary's if you did
yes I did :( ...well not all 0.2mm but a bit, then it looked terrible! and now is the silver on it.

kuw55.jpg

Today, what wonderful weather.

kuw56.jpg

kuw57.jpg

kuw58.jpg

kuw59.jpg

kuw60.jpg

kuw61.jpg

kuw62.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back