Well I blame TinTin40* .. LMTTM's attemp at weight weenie!

A few pics.

Better ones to come ....

➡️ Side Shot (obviously!)

4.jpg

➡️ Hope Integrated Headset

3.jpg

➡️ Massively over sized BB area but retaining a std BB shell. You can see where the front mech cable routing comes through the lower wishbone.

1.jpg

➡️ Upper wishbone. Surprisingly skinny - Dual slots on the ST though where the clamp sits :-0

2.jpg

you tease. i waiting for a picture of the scales & frame (imp not this metric stuff) :LOL:

GT-Steve":24j7kbdh said:
That already looks bloody good, and it's only a frame, as yet.. :LOL:

Thank you squire!

So with cups of the headset fitted and lower bearing (which I forgot to remove!) the frame weighs:

IMG_0168.jpg

The Hope integral headset is 113g I presume this takes into account the hed doctor at 30g. I have 37g worth of bits to install. So if i Take 37g+30g from the total headset weigh it means that included in the above weight is 46g

So I guess that makes the bare frame weight 1083g!

Or for Tony ..... 2 lb and 6.20 oz

Not as light as the Scotts and Cannondales of this world that are circa 900g but pretty close!

I went and bought the scales especially ......

Very nice, I like the fact you bought the scales especially, weigh weenism is a disease which you look to be catching, escape now before your Credit Card complains

stevec1975":2p94noej said:
Very nice, I like the fact you bought the scales especially, weigh weenism is a disease which you look to be catching, escape now before your Credit Card complains

No real option to go overboard.

With just a few exceptions I am going to work with what I have.

That said. The frame came with a NIP Controltech seat QR.

Bunged it on the scales and it weighs 75g! So my 9g KCNC clamp will be used!

Appreciate the disease comment though - I could see how this could get out of hand :LOL:

2lb 6oz :shock: That is excellent weight. You could get to sub 14 lb with that frame with the correct parts :D

Back