Kona Muni Mula

Tetsu0san

Dirt Disciple
Hi all

I recently bought an old Kona Muni Mula and I wanted to know more about it. It has an XT rear mech and hub, Avid brakes and Deore front hub. Not sure what the shifters are as there are no markings on them, but they are perhaps Deore?

The front shocks are tatty but seem to work OK. Overall the bike is pretty tatty and well used but it is very light (compared to a Raleigh Peak that I also own) and it is a joy to ride!

I would like to know what the original spec would have been, year of build etc etc.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1118 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1118 (Medium).JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_1119 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1119 (Medium).JPG
    166 KB · Views: 1,094
Ahh, thanks for that. Now I know what the original spec would have been. This bike has been used and abused and needs a little work but it really is a nice bike to ride.

But this bike is too new for this forum then?

Tetsu0san":z4jlu10a said:
Ahh, thanks for that. Now I know what the original spec would have been. This bike has been used and abused and needs a little work but it really is a nice bike to ride.

Not at all .. Retrobike welcomes all comers :)

Nice bike ..

Tetsu0san":n8kk42ec said:
You never know, those nice, kind, tolerant moderators might let you leave the thread in this part of the forum if you're good.

In any case, the serial number might say it was made in 1997, even though it's a 1998 model......

Love these frames.

As Anthony says, a better fork would transform it.

Might want to polish frame up a bit - autosol or the like would do the job a treat but it works so well that once you start you will get an OCD and wont be able to stop!

Had a bright green muni mula. Great frame IMO, but the Judy's were poor at that time. Was going to replace them on mime but the bike was stolen :cry:

Bit of a tidy and you have a good bike there.

Oh and welcome to the site! Prepare to be skint but happy from now on.

Back