Superconflex Colnago Master

Rich34":rq17cpzh said:
stringfellow1946":rq17cpzh said:
to my mind its better than having the money sat in a bank devaluing all the time.

If you've got a minute could you have a word with my wife...? :roll:

No Worries Rich, I don't own one myself NOW, but am more than happy to pass on my 66 years of experience for what its worth.
It took me until I was about 48 to finally realise that women are like a Car (a very expensive Black Hole that continually sucks up Money).

Now the very best piece of advice I can give you guys it to always remember, "That WOMEN are WIRED up WRONG".
They have their Positive & Negative terminals the wrong way around. ALWAYS keep this in mind when having any dealings with them & you won't go too far wrong.

stringfellow1946":15cqsu8r said:
No Worries Rich, I don't own one myself NOW, but am more than happy to pass on my 66 years of experience for what its worth.
It took me until I was about 48 to finally realise that women are like a Car (a very expensive Black Hole that continually sucks up Money).

Now the very best piece of advice I can give you guys it to always remember, "That WOMEN are WIRED up WRONG".
They have their Positive & Negative terminals the wrong way around. ALWAYS keep this in mind when having any dealings with them & you won't go too far wrong.

Crikey! :shock: On second thoughts - don't have a word with her...! I know what you mean though, I have a garage full of investments but I can't her to see it that way...

Rich34":3qwzge5n said:
stringfellow1946":3qwzge5n said:

Crikey! :shock: On second thoughts - don't have a word with her...! I know what you mean though, I have a garage full of investments but I can't her to see it that way...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

that little conversation made my day! :D

More about what I was referring to earlier in the thread.

ALSO more importantly whats happening now is people are polishing off the etched logo & then getting the parts engraved with the Campagnolo logo & passing them off as first edition parts, & trying to charge the earth for them. Look on E-bay & see just how many engraved 1st edition c-record parts are now suddenly becoming available. I'll let you guys decide if its genuine or not.
Here is a perfect example of what I'm referring to, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130607164386? ... 500wt_1413 This person is actually saying its been engraved BUT what happens if someone decides not to tell ? when its been done to c-record parts?
So my advice for what its worth is NOT to buy anything that has had the anodising polished off but thats for you to decide.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You have a lovely collection of bikes, again as said before from a great era (when possibly alot of us were in our prime :LOL: ) I have an '89 master piu I must start a thread on, in quite rare colours I think.
Don't get me wrong here but I think the person on the ebay link doing the engraving is Tel on here. I don't think he hides the fact at what he does. I am in fact having a once messy pair of c-record crank arms engraved by him. They were second generation with the 'printed' shield. I have stripped the ano off to a mirror polish and will have the engraving done halfway down the arm as per original not near the top like the rare early first generation. These will go on my master piu however so they won't be 'flipped'! of course like you say if the ano is missing then look elsewhere if you are bothered about 100% authenticity.
I'll have a look at your other rides now ;)
Shawn.

shawnb":1f3xdls7 said:
You have a lovely collection of bikes, again as said before from a great era (when possibly alot of us were in our prime :LOL: ) I have an '89 master piu I must start a thread on, in quite rare colours I think.
Don't get me wrong here but I think the person on the ebay link doing the engraving is Tel on here. I don't think he hides the fact at what he does. I am in fact having a once messy pair of c-record crank arms engraved by him. They were second generation with the 'printed' shield. I have stripped the ano off to a mirror polish and will have the engraving done halfway down the arm as per original not near the top like the rare early first generation. These will go on my master piu however so they won't be 'flipped'! of course like you say if the ano is missing then look elsewhere if you are bothered about 100% authenticity.
I'll have a look at your other rides now ;)
Shawn.

Thank you for your kind comments.
In answer to your comment this is my personal take on things.

I have no idea who is doing the engraving, but in my opinion it devalues the item.
When you look in museums for example the old things are either left as is, & in some cases very tatty. BUT 100% original, or they have them completely restored back to their original condition.
In your example the cranks would be stripped & then re anodized & the logo re etched on, & not altered to look like something its not.
But it’s a choice that we all have to make when trying to restore things be it bikes or cars or what ever.
The trouble is once that part has been molested & it passes on to some one else, who lets say, is lees than 100% honest some poor unsuspecting sod can get sold something that’s not what it appears to be on the surface & winds up getting shafted. NOT GOOD.
Perhaps a very good example of what I am trying to say is Franco Ballerini’s Paris Roubiux winning Colnago that is in the Colnago museum still covered in the mud from the race. Not perhaps how most people would have it displayed BUT its 100% the REAL DEAL.

At the end of the day it comes down to one’s own personal choice.
Anyway enough of this, just enjoy my old bikes for what they are.

I am not normally a Colnago fan but I love this! Really love this!

I agree with you regarding originality of items, seeing any item in it's original state serves as a brilliant snap shot of time that can evoke many memories and can be an absolute privilege to see.

The engraved items that you pointed out on eBay are from Tel, who I have found to be a great guy, and he is selling them accurately described to meet a demand in the market for people wanting that look. He is not misleading anybody at all, however once they are passed through an owner or two I can see confusing and misleading descriptions and assumptions being made leading to uncertainty in the market place.

I would like to end this reply by saying once again a really really lovely bike!

Back