1975 Alex Singer 650B

Something to look forward to then!

The mudguards and bag sound great, since this bike came up on here I have been looking in to Alex Singer a bit, he has a fascinating history.

Hope you find some time to fettle soon, I know what it's like!

Haven't found time to do any work on this but I did manage to find a Gilles Berthoud handlebar bag on eBay at a not too ridiculous price.

as1.jpg

It's a lovely bag and fits the bars very well.

as2.jpg

Have decided to keep the mudguards and just clean them up a bit. Just need to find the time now... :roll:

Lovely!

Lovely!
As I said earlier, this one just keeps getting better and better :cool:
I'm tempted to ask if the smaller one is still for sale ;)

Keep 'em coming

Jamie

Thanks Jamie - the smaller one sold shortly after I bought this one, for not as much. I still wish I'd had the cash at the time to get it and keep them together. I like the sound of "a brace of matching Alex Singers."

That's really lovely rich. Have you ridden it back to back with your Galaxy yet? Two slightly different but equally great approaches to doing comfy long distances.

Thanks Goldie - no, I haven't done a proper comparison yet. The only comparison so far is the fit - the Alex Singer feels like (when I'm sat on it in the garage) a perfect fit for me - the Galaxy, which I've ridden round the block) feels ever so slightly too big, but nothing uncomfortable. Both have nice wide tyres and comfy saddles, I suspect the Alex Singer is going to feel a bit twitchier but just as stable as the Galaxy. I have some nice day trips planned so I just need to get both finished. Finding the time is the greatest challenge at the moment... :roll:

Back