Saracen Trekker Comp 1989 Double U Brakes Finished pics!

Disco Drive

Senior Retro Guru
Very lucky to win this on Ebay after it was 'outed' on Retrobike (Many thanks Coomber!)

Couldn't believe how original it was when I unwrapped it :shock:
Farmer john Nephews
Saracen toeclips
Factory reflectors
Saracen/ Wolber rims
Original cassette
Shimano Rear mech guard
Bottle cage

O.k, it looked a bit of a pile when I first received it but after only 2 hours in the Sunshine workshops it looks pretty good?
main.php

[/img]
main.php

[/img]
main.php

It needs a new headset as its pitted and sadly the L/H arm is cracked near the BB axle. Also need to source an original seat post and saddle (wish me luck!) :cool: [/img]

Well done mate.You dont see many around.

Its a great feeling taking all the aftermarket tat off and and getting it back to norm :cool:

Great work there, I love the green colour and especially the green bottle cage :cool: :cool:

Is this also a trekker comp ? Will say on the top tube after trekker by the yellow blob decal.

Mine was also missing the origami saddle and post, I bought 26.4 black alloy post from LBS and fitted rolls as a Saracen would be hard to find.

Will have to get this Saracen meet underway one day .......

Very nice! Don't worry too much about 'the right spec'', do make sure you ride it!

(I'd be up for a Saracen meet GM, commitments permitting.)

It is a 'comp' yes :cool: The 26.4 it has fitted looks a tad on the small side? Thought it might be 26.6 or 26.8? I've also been considering a Rolls as it really suits the bike.

There's a guy on eBay selling nos post modern posts in black in 26.4 for £10 posted. Pleased with mine. Trader name is Bankrupt-surplus, I'm not related by the way!

Who's a lucky boy ! I've got a soft spot for double U brakers ! Really pleased for you Disco drive. I'll join the double u-brake club one day. Enjoy it ! :cool:

Love it.

Still top of my wanted list and its great it ended up on here with a real fan.

My first mountain bike in 1989, didn't have double u brakes though, just one on the rear and canti's on the front. Brings back a few memories.

Trekker comp

I bought one of these bitd. The frame is still too big for me now- resides in my dads garage alongside with a great condition Marin in the bright yellow.
Must get some pics on here.

Those cranks were prone to serious paint rub, double u brakes was great power and not in the wrong position at the rear too!

Nostalgic !

Back