Wishbone_Fillet.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 822
  • P2s_Dropout.jpg
    P2s_Dropout.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 822
  • P2s.jpg
    P2s.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 822
After much deliberation on the correct sizing for the Head Tube & Down Tube Decals - Big! Thanks! to Frank, Steve, Neil & Gil for all the replies & assistance...I got Gil to resize & output new decals. Only decal that will be missing is the 'Tange Ultralight'. I've not found one and it's far too costly to reproduce so will emit this from the frame until maybe a 'Hen's Tooth' shows up...

Attachments

• RM_Decal_Final.jpg
    RM_Decal_Final.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 814
Starting to roll the ball now, although I'm expecting snags as first one today came in the form of incorrect seatpost size. 1994 Spec states 27.2 It's deffo not a 27.2...Caliper measurements varied a little so the difference could be 26.8 or 27.0?...dropping off at Framebuilder tonight so will get him to give me the figure...

Got my Chainset built. Not NOS Turbines but Very Minty! Only signs of showing used is the threads showing grease...Built with NOS RF 22/32/44. Outer rings for 9spd, yet I'll be running 7spd gearing, so we'll see how this fares? Found info elsewhere that this shouldn't pose a problem. But we'll see...

Attachments

• RM_Ring1.jpg
    RM_Ring1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 778
  • RM_Ring3.jpg
    RM_Ring3.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 778
didn't know that that any blizzards had fillet brazing on them. also assumed that all retro steel RMs used 27.0mm posts. I should reconfirm my 95 as that's what i used. :?

those turbines look sinister with those modern rings. :twisted: very nice! i originally thought you were referring to a semi-retro set of 9-speeds.

Cheers Frank,
Think I might try & find a replacement Turbine in 27.0 or worst case as I did with my Lobster ream 0.2mm from the Seat Tube. I'll see what the measurement comes out at later. I did hear 26.8mm being mused somewhere...

:roll: Maybe my misunderstanding, assuming that seeing Brass Solder was a case of Fillet welds? I know Zero about Engineering...but it's going to the Framebuilder tonight for a check over & Paint, so I'll ask him...

FluffyChicken":35xs3gte said:
claret73":35xs3gte said:
Just out of curiosity, any ideas on the relevance of the BB Shell Number?: BL41249

BLizzard, 1994 number 1249
or something else :LOL:

Just Hit me that would be the case as I was reading it back...Ta! Ben...

Back