Superconflex Colnago Master

grilla":252564r6 said:
Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Where on earth did you source the frame from?

one did appear on E-Bay a Last week (only the 2nd one I've seen in 25 years) It sold for £1590 buy it now. The only difference from mine was that it only had the one chain stay chromed, where as mine has the complete rear triangle chromed. It did also have the curved front forks.

grilla":3ae8gafu said:
Are all the bikes in your signature in as good condition as this? If so you should open a museum :D

Hi Grilla yes they are all in about this condition or better.
Hope you like them, when I finally get around to posting photos of them all.
Chris

That's quite a lot. You've still yet to reveal where you got yours from though? Or is it TOP SECRET?

grilla":2x3ruhzf said:
otherself":2x3ruhzf said:
That is lovely. I bet it cost you like shit loads?

The brakes alone require remortgaging of one's house...

Not any where near as much as some modern plastic ones. You just need time & patience to source the correct parts in v/good to mint condition. I'm fairly lucky in that I have loads of contacts being an ex pro mechanic & have owned a bike shop for years. So I tend to know where I sold stuff over the years.
A tip for what its worth, there are a lot of people trying to pass off C-Record parts that are in fact Croce D'Aune & in some cases Chorus. I personally wont buy anything thats been polished ( ie the anodising & the decals polished off)
ALSO more importantly whats happening now is people are polishing off the etched logo & then getting the parts engraved with the Campagnolo logo & passing them off as first edition parts, & trying to charge the earth for them. Look on E-bay & see just how many engraved 1st edition c-record parts are now suddenly becoming available. I'll let you guys decide if its genuine or not.
Here is a perfect example of what I'm referring to, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130607164386? ... 500wt_1413 This person is actually saying its been engraved BUT what happens if someone decides not to tell ? when its been done to c-record parts?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
grilla":2hqdt3ap said:
That's quite a lot. You've still yet to reveal where you got yours from though? Or is it TOP SECRET?

No its not a secret I had a few mates (Mechanics) abroad looking for one for me for years & one of the boys finally found this one for me in europe.

Jayus I was like a dog with 10 tails. Its only take me since 1988 to find one in these colours, but quiet a few turned up in the Red or Blue Diamond patten.

Ebay always has, and always will be full of rogue traders, but there are of course, like you say, bargains to be found and decent sellers knocking about. Some of the prices though are astronomical, particularly those being sold in America.

stringfellow1946":csgxtp8l said:
grilla":csgxtp8l said:

No its not a secret I had a few mates (Mechanics) abroad looking for one for me for years & one of the boys finally found this one for me in europe.

Jayus I was like a dog with 10 tails. Its only take me since 1988 to find one in these colours, but quiet a few turned up in the Red or Blue Diamond patten.

Quite a wait! Definitely worth it though

grilla":24rclv8f said:
stringfellow1946":24rclv8f said:
grilla":24rclv8f said:

Quite a wait! Definitely worth it though

Well I like to think so, but hay I'm only an old man so WTF do I know?
I just hope people enjoy looking at them, to my mind its better than having the money sat in a bank devaluing all the time. At least I get to look at them & I'm sure it will piss my kids off when I go tits up & they have to sort it all this lot out. Just wish I could some how here all their comments.

stringfellow1946":3f3n60q8 said:
to my mind its better than having the money sat in a bank devaluing all the time.

If you've got a minute could you have a word with my wife...? :roll:

Back