Pace retro 105mm MTB stem

Rae

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
For Sale:
One well-loved and beautifully machined Pace aluminium stem from 1996/7. Stunning machining from a single block of aluminium. Very light at 163g, and is perfect for any retro build XC race bike.

I measure it 105mm length between centres and it has zero degree rise. Admittedly a rare find, the few Pace stems I've seen like this over the years were a lot longer, so I'm guessing ones this short are few and far between.

Fits standard 1-1/8" steerer tube and 25.4mm bar. This stem was fitted to my recently rediscovered X-lite/Raleigh titanium barn find: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197265

It has been used, enjoyed and well cared for is still in very good condition. It was bought new, by me, in the late 90's and after a few years use it has sat gathering dust in my garage for the last decade.

Asking £50. Price includes recorded delivery postage to anywhere in the UK. Paypal, cheque, collect in person (Aberdeen) or bank transfer all welcome.

I don't use paypal gift - I'd not be comfortable buying from anyone insisting on payapl gift so I don't expect you to do so either :)

Any questions feel free to drop me a note. Other parts up shortly include middleburn RS-DH cranks in blue and an amazingly light Goldtec cassette.

Cheers
Rae

Attachments

• _MG_8784.JPG
    _MG_8784.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,219
  • _MG_8789.JPG
    _MG_8789.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • _MG_8787.JPG
    _MG_8787.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,211
  • _MG_8788.JPG
    _MG_8788.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,211
Rae":3r422242 said:
the few Pace stems I've seen like this over the years were a lot longer, so I'm guessing ones this short are few and far between.

They were - until this week when 2 were on sale within 2 days! Of course when I was looking for one - it took months!

Yup, always the way, still think it is a rare beast in the grand scheme :)

Relisted and back up for sale so grab one while you can

Will dig out the goldtech cassette and post some pix, I think it is lurking in the back of a cupboard somewhere....

Back