The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a fair price if I were to sell these (seller and buyer alike)?

Attachments

• Englund Total Air.jpg
    Englund Total Air.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Englund Total Air Front.jpg
    Englund Total Air Front.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,319
rocky mountain titanium owned from new

This bike is my uncle's and he's owned it from new however as soon as he got he upgraded pretty much everything but it's been in a dry garage and not moved for the past 15 to 18 years so i gave it a clean before taking pics. He's now in his mid 60's and i don't think he's gonna use it again. Spec:

Rocky Mountain Titanium
Top tube c to c 21.75", BB to c of H/Tube 24.5", BB to top of S/tube 18.5"
rims - mavic m321CD
hubs - Ringle
spokes - s/steel bladed
cassette - Sachs LY96 (7 speed)
R/Der - Shimano XT RDM735
F/Der - Mavic
crankset - Ritchey Logic 24/36/46 175mm arms
BB - shimano
pedals - shimano XT (blue anodized - faded)
brakes - shimano XT cant's
levers - Ritchey Logic
shifters - Shimao XT thumbshifters
forks - Answer Manitou (Easton E9)
headset - Mavic 316
stem - Syncros
bars - Syncros 22.5" wide
wheel skewers + seatpost clamp - Ringle silver
seatpost - Ringle (blue anodized - faded as per pedals)
F tyre - Specialized dirt control, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
R tyre - Specialized dirt master, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
seat - X-lite titanium rails (never used)

There are no dents, cracks or re-welds to the frame at all. The seat was taken off at new and replaced with a big fat gel selle seat in white (i have pics) so i put the X-lite on even though its a bit mucky as it's been sat on a shelf. Can't quite beleive how good the tyres have come up, they look like new with no cracks at all, we think it's because there were no windows in that part of the garage (very very big garage).

I had a quick search around and found a few more bits (got pics of everything):
FSA Orbit XL11 H/set black brand new in box never used to fit a 1 1/8" fork, Answer Taperlite bars (blue) 23" wide look almost like new, X-lite Xpert bars in grey 21.75" wide 25.5mm clamp dia like new, Pace stem in grey 100mm to fit 28.6mm steere tube dia.

The only problem with the bike is the front hub as shown in pics 1040039 + 1040040 + 1040041 where for some reason there must have been a failure in the material or machining.

Here's the link for all the photo's:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133057339 ... WSqY2YqwE#

I have a Chorus 1st Gen/C Record (?) Group including wheels (4cd rims).
It is:

Wheels,
Front and rear mech,
Crankset with very good rings and dust caps,
Levers,
Downtube shifters,
Bottom bracket

All in very good/excellent except a couple of dodgy teeth on the jockey wheels.

What's it worth?

I have an 18" Kona fire mountain frame with p2 forks, original wheels and tyres gripshift velocity stem and bars that i'm thinking of selling frame is quite badly scuffed along the top tube and the seatpost is stuck. What would you say its worth?

WTB sst .98

i have a good condition WTB .98 SST leather etched, ti railed saddle.
I believe they were very expensive at the time..

any ideas how much they are worth / or how much i should be pricing it at..?

mark

Re: WTB sst .98

marky mark":1u7y008h said:
i have a good condition WTB .98 SST leather etched, ti railed saddle.
I believe they were very expensive at the time..

any ideas how much they are worth / or how much i should be pricing it at..?

mark

Same as or slightly lower than a ti flite I would guess, so £25-30 if very good condition. Is it with the yellow or red corners?

Sell it to a GT fan, they would love it!

Scarfacexxx08":2kh4kwv6 said:
I have an 18" Kona fire mountain frame with p2 forks, original wheels and tyres gripshift velocity stem and bars that i'm thinking of selling frame is quite badly scuffed along the top tube and the seatpost is stuck. What would you say its worth?

Famre with stuck seatpost needing possible respray, £20-30?

As a bundle, hard to say as dont know the condition but gripshift isnt going to sell for much, although original forks and stem with frame will add a bit.

With stuck seatpost and assuming "tatty" condition re marks etc on frame and forks, bundle would be about £70-90 I guess. What year might make a difference.

Re: rocky mountain titanium owned from new

oceanpacific":h50f4cld said:
This bike is my uncle's and he's owned it from new however as soon as he got he upgraded pretty much everything but it's been in a dry garage and not moved for the past 15 to 18 years so i gave it a clean before taking pics. He's now in his mid 60's and i don't think he's gonna use it again. Spec:

Rocky Mountain Titanium
Top tube c to c 21.75", BB to c of H/Tube 24.5", BB to top of S/tube 18.5"
rims - mavic m321CD
hubs - Ringle
spokes - s/steel bladed
cassette - Sachs LY96 (7 speed)
R/Der - Shimano XT RDM735
F/Der - Mavic
crankset - Ritchey Logic 24/36/46 175mm arms
BB - shimano
pedals - shimano XT (blue anodized - faded)
brakes - shimano XT cant's
levers - Ritchey Logic
shifters - Shimao XT thumbshifters
forks - Answer Manitou (Easton E9)
headset - Mavic 316
stem - Syncros
bars - Syncros 22.5" wide
wheel skewers + seatpost clamp - Ringle silver
seatpost - Ringle (blue anodized - faded as per pedals)
F tyre - Specialized dirt control, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
R tyre - Specialized dirt master, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
seat - X-lite titanium rails (never used)

There are no dents, cracks or re-welds to the frame at all. The seat was taken off at new and replaced with a big fat gel selle seat in white (i have pics) so i put the X-lite on even though its a bit mucky as it's been sat on a shelf. Can't quite beleive how good the tyres have come up, they look like new with no cracks at all, we think it's because there were no windows in that part of the garage (very very big garage).

I had a quick search around and found a few more bits (got pics of everything):
FSA Orbit XL11 H/set black brand new in box never used to fit a 1 1/8" fork, Answer Taperlite bars (blue) 23" wide look almost like new, X-lite Xpert bars in grey 21.75" wide 25.5mm clamp dia like new, Pace stem in grey 100mm to fit 28.6mm steere tube dia.

The only problem with the bike is the front hub as shown in pics 1040039 + 1040040 + 1040041 where for some reason there must have been a failure in the material or machining.

Here's the link for all the photo's:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133057339 ... WSqY2YqwE#

Not seen one come up on ebay or on here, but as KHS or similar less popular brand ti frames have sold for £250, I guess as a whole bike you are going to be in the region of £6-800. But that's a real guess as I have nothing else to judge it on.

paulwakinshaw":33fnhxq6 said:
What do you all think this might be worth?

the bike is obviously 100% complete now...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113447

thanks in advance - Paul

I would split it. Its an acquired taste build, and as all the parts are new, they should be easily identifable for price, just know a bit off what you paid and/or search ebay as modern bits are easy to find sold prices.

Not much help but then pricing a build like that is difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back