where in NZ is Carmen SanDiago ?

you can make it up!!

the show is not my idea but dr bike is a local business that is retro friendly, it has been talked about for a long while and finally peter has offered his place for a venue.

check out the facebook link for more info. come on guys!!

clockd":2a79t02z said:
clockd-andrew-chch

Now listen up fellas

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DoctorBikeNZ

DOCTOR BIKE RETRO BIKE SHOW
SATURDAY 21st JULY
10am to 4PM
PRE 1995 Mountain Bikes
The idea is to bring all the old MTB’s out there out from the shed and get them all in one place and talk crap for the day. You need to bring everything needed to show off your pride and joy. For the first year I am just providing the idea and the venue. If there is enough interest, support and helpers I may look a

check it out let me know if you can attend or help out.

Sounds like a great idea Clockd, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this!! (Sorry!!).

As an aside... any of you Kiwi Retro Bikers know of a (really) cheap old-ish Offroad/Proflex? PM me if you do. Anything considered??

Would be keen as if the show was in my area - I have a 93 san andreas which needs to see some sunlight! Next time! :)

Awesome idea mate, unfortunately wouldn't be able to make it to Chch, crap eh :(

ozone1":1ckw4i1f said:
There was a pretty cheap proflex gen 4 on TM a couple of days ago, had it on my watch list

I did see that. I think he/she sold it offline (i.e. not via Trademe).

Something will come along I'm sure. Unlike early Kona's, Cannondales etc Proflex (I think) was one brand that seems to have been sold here in NZ from early in it's inception. I bought one in Wellington in 1998 and remember then seeing a few around.

Waiting for that magic find.. (i.e. In the back of someones garage, bought for a husband/dad to get out and about, but only ever ridden to the shops to buy a pie ;) ).

Hey team NZ

I've put this on the "wanted" forum but thought I'd chuck it here to avoid postage from the US and eBay prices.

I'm looking for a wide 600mm approx to fit a GT flipflop stem 25.4 clamp to go on my Zaskar. Anyone have one of these or know where to find one? Ive seen Titec flattrack or Salsa moto ace bars on old GTs. Looking for something wider than the original GT bar.

Just missed a titec xc bar yesterday on TM.

Cheers

proflex were sold from 1993 in NZ. Gen 4 only refered to the rear suspension design, the bikes back then were numbered
1993 models: 953(top end) 853, 753
1994 models: 954, 845,754 etc

First trial batch were imported by a guy in christchurch who also did the AMP bikes back then. Fleet cycles had some the first of them. I still have one of the first (might even be the first) proflex 953 in frames in NZ in my garage, vector forks long gone though, gen 1 vector was high maintenance and the bushings/washers s*** themselvers over 1 chch winter.

Initial importer only did them for a year before someone else took over for the late '95 year onwards.

Ended up having to get all the nylon washers for the vector made myself as there were no spares and Fleet cycles had to get some other parts sent over from Aus to keep i t running.

that "gen 4" on trade me was no where near original component wise, and my bet is the vector would of needed serious work. Gen 1 vectors also had a semi recall as the glue bonding a part of the steerer let go...so buyer beware with one of those forks.

Those old ones ride more like a soft tail than a full suspension bike.

hamtaro145":1qs1uo2s said:
proflex were sold from 1993 in NZ. Gen 4 only refered to the rear suspension design, the bikes back then were numbered
1993 models: 953(top end) 853, 753
1994 models: 954, 845,754 etc

First trial batch were imported by a guy in christchurch who also did the AMP bikes back then. Fleet cycles had some the first of them. I still have one of the first (might even be the first) proflex 953 in frames in NZ in my garage, vector forks long gone though, gen 1 vector was high maintenance and the bushings/washers s*** themselvers over 1 chch winter.

Initial importer only did them for a year before someone else took over for the late '95 year onwards.

Ended up having to get all the nylon washers for the vector made myself as there were no spares and Fleet cycles had to get some other parts sent over from Aus to keep i t running.

that "gen 4" on trade me was no where near original component wise, and my bet is the vector would of needed serious work. Gen 1 vectors also had a semi recall as the glue bonding a part of the steerer let go...so buyer beware with one of those forks.

Those old ones ride more like a soft tail than a full suspension bike.

Awesome information - thank you.

I had a 1997 Attack (about as bottom of the line as you could get I think). The ones I've taking a liking too are the ones without front shocks, only a flex stem (453?)!! Crazy really, because I'm probably looking at the worst of the worst!!

Back