Long Mynd Aftermath

1st thing sorry we were it bit late, it wasn't Pete's fault honest :oops:
Really good to get out with everyone again and give the Dyna a shake down, the Flex stem amde all the difference on the rocky descents.
Glad to hear your OK Geof, you did have a few cartoon birds there for a minute.
The Sausage and mash was excellent, not sure the chips were required though.
Thanks to all involved in organising

Here are the few pics I managed to take
190520121050.jpg

190520121051.jpg

190520121052.jpg

190520121053.jpg

To the nutters

Thanks for a well organised and super duper fantastic day out. Thanks very much to the very competent organisers and the navigators. Even when we were lost (hehe) it still felt right and true.

The weather could have been a bit kinder but nevertheless it was a very memorable day. It certainly blew away a few cobwebs. Ordinarily I wouldn't have dreamed of tackling some of those climbs and I would never have gone so fast down some of those....cliffs.

Geoff doing acrobatics on the trail in front of me was a bit of a shock to the system. From this day foreward, dare I say it, I shall be wearing a helmet all the time. And I shall never again say a bad word about disc brakes, suspension forks and up to date frame geometry. I was wishing for the lot by the end of that ordeal.

When's the next one?? :D :D

Some great replies to the thread so far, I'll keep mine simple.

Thanks to Rob, the East Midlands Posse and everyone else for a great ride and good company. Would love to come back for my MOT next year and hopefully not get an "advisory note" for cramp.

Had to chuckle at this photo with the naturist in the background :D .

Attachments

• Mystery Naturist.jpg
    Mystery Naturist.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,601
Well After all this rain up north and an invite to join the east midlands group it was time to pack my shorts and sun cream and head south to the nice and sunny long mynd for a day out. New it wasn't a good sign when the weather got worse the nearer I got and when I arrived you couldn't see the hills for the mist! Joking aside the weather wasn't too bad just misty but you got a real sense of what a nice place it is. Thanks to Rob and John and anyone else who took a part in organising and planning what turned out to be a great day the east midlands are a great bunch and hope to join them again will definitely be taking part on this next time and having a pub lunch in the middle was a highlight all in it was well worth the drive down. Glad to hear your all right Geoff never nice to see anyone have a nasty fall.

Every cloud has a retro lining

I took a picture of some strange men I found lurking in a cloud on Saturday.

Well done Rob for excellent organisation. I've already deleted all the climbs from my memory, so a thoroughly enjoyable ride. Nice to meet every body.

cheers
Hidetherum

Attachments

• IMG_2983 - Copy (2).jpg
    IMG_2983 - Copy (2).jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,220
Ha ha I love it "I've already deleted all the climbs" ditto I remember thinking you won't catch me doing this next year .....but I'm up for it thanks
Nice one Rob brill route shame about the weather but at least it didn't rain
:D Great bunch of guys I enjoyed your company.
Let myself down on the final climb I grannied it all the way up like a petulant child :roll:
Loved riding up the mountainside with a bellyful of bangers and mash...good job I washed it down with a good quantity of Ale :shock: Keeping it down was ...Technical !
If the East Mids crew have taught me anything it's that you get back what you put in and my oh my those descents were to die for the bike just picked up sooo much speed before you knew it and just flew down the hillside ,the scariest bit was zooming through the meadow section before the forest descent as the grass was so long it required blind faith to press on at speed.
It was an epic ride and made the three tribes peaks ride look like a walk in the park.

Another great ride on the Mynd and definitely one with a touch of the epic to it !
Climbing to and descending from summits lost in cloud is always fantastic, even if it was at the expense of the great views.
The climbs were as long and torturous as I remember but then descents more than made up for it. The grassy descent was particularly fun - going faster with your breaks on is a peculiar feeling !
Big thanks to Rob for organising, great route as always and excellent food at lunch - your pub finding skills were only bettered by your speed down the Stipperstones descent !
I've got a few photos from the day that can be found HERE and also a brief VIDEO which unfortunately Pete and Rob are missing from as they were attending to Pete's puncture (apparently not a mechanical :LOL:) further up the hill.
Thanks to everyone for making it a great day despite the weather being a little against us and I look forward to the next one.

Back