Wheelset wanted

Hey,
I recognise your username from velospace - some nice modern builds if i remember rightly!
What are you planning for the master olympic build wise ?
I've just built one up using record 10 speed - wheel wise i've got some NOS campag omega 20 rims and just waiting on delivery of some pink King R45 hubs to finish them off...
can't see your pics at the moment as at work.. :(

Old Mutha, long time no hear. Hope life is treating you well.

I'm going to ship on my steel Pina after I build this up, but I don't know what to build it with yet!

Thus far I have the Colnago Quill Stem and a seatpost. An inauspicious start! I was going to go with an alloy Athena groupo, but hesitated and someone snapped it up!

good thanks - been back in the UK for a year (was in NZ)
that frame is a beauty!!!
look forward to seeing the progress of your build :cool:

Yep, I remember you having some wheels sent down to NZ.

What neck of the woods are you in now, and did you bring your bikes with you?

hey RT - north west (long story!) and apologies for hijacking your thread :oops:
i bought the Bob jackson SS (still got that) - did the Rapha Hell of the north on it not long ago. Sold the gazelle, have a scapin F and F on the way, a colnago master olympic (see crap pic) and a dream lux f and f (currently for sale).

010-3.jpg

KGrHqNn8E9eM1Zk3FBPmDiKI6PQ60_3.jpg

your colnago is very special - love the colour scheme :eek:

Yeah, I saw the Lux and wished you were taller! I'd be skint!

Need a better pic of the Master Olympic though!

I've never had some much hassle with which wheels to pick. The frame is such a splash of colour (pink, red, green, white, blue, yellow, gold, chrome...)

I'm even thinking of negotiating with someone for a 2nd hand Fulcrum Racing Zero (red) wheelset.

The NW, are you not a native of that area then?

hey, i'm from the south west originally (had itchy feet for a while though!)
here's another pic of the master:
013-1.jpg

012-4.jpg

what's your budget wheelwise? you could always go custom - silver rims with king r45 hubs - they do them in all those colours apart from white and yellow!

The South-West eh? Do you mean Devon/Dorset/Cornwall way? Very nice down there. Had a friend; who sadly got knocked off his bike and killed (wasn't wearing a lid and died of brain injuries); who owned a cottage down there. Both our families used to go together...great fun. Still miss him to this day, and it was 13 years ago.

Anyway, what would you put on this? This frame is a splash of colour!

My absolute upper limit right now is £200-£250. I want the wheels to be durable, match the frame and not be lead weights!

colnag1.jpg

i have frame envy :oops:
Devon, lived in a few places but majority in Shaldon, edge of Dartmoor, Dawlish and latterly Totnes (aka Clown town).
10 years in Hoxton too (was a blur)
campyoldy has some nice NOS rims - campag omega etc around 80 a pair - then you could team them up with some ambrosio zenith hubs (silver) for around 75 a pair from total cycling.??
I have some red ambrosio excellence rims 32h that would look amazing on your nag but am keeping them for the scapin build (sorry!)

decisions, decisions.... :roll:

Latest posts

Back