1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X

LX cantilevers and XTR brake shoes

Answer Hyperlite handlebar

DX shifters

Rohloff Chain

Last but not least, what tyres to use

Panaracer Dart/Smoke or Timbuk II's

I will add some more pictures when I get some more bits in. Still looking for some hubs, rims and rear mech, but I think what I'm looking forward is like gold dust.

Nice collection, especially as most of it is NOS.

I know it's all down to personal choice, but I'm interested to know why you're using a Campag front mech.

NeilM":5uysf4ip said:
I know it's all down to personal choice, but I'm interested to know why you're using a Campag front mech.

I'm trying to follow the Justin Loretz build (the picture is on page 1 of the thread) and he used Campag Record front and rear mechs, along with the hubs, cassette and rims.

Talk about making life hard for myself!

Ahhh, all becomes clear.

How are you getting on with the other Campag bits? I looked at going that direction myself, but I found parts few and far between, not to mention pricey.

Its a bit of a pain in the backside.

It was difficult enough finding everything for the Zinn, but its just taking the plunge when something does come up. Plus the prices are stupid so it takes some saving up before buying anything.

I have the front mech and a rim, thats it! I know where I can get the hubs, cassette and rear mech, but they are in the States and will cost a fortune!

It might be a slow build!

How is yours coming along? Any news from Roberts yet?

Giom6":24c2iepa said:
How is yours coming along? Any news from Roberts yet?

The matter is ongoing :roll:

I am currently waiting for my frame to come to the top of the heap of Chas' work pile. I'm due to call them again in another couple of weeks to see how things are progressing, or not, as the case may be.

No rush, I have bars, bar ends, seatpost / shim (provided USE can find the one they failed to send me), one complete wheel, a hub and two rims (don't ask), several pairs of forks, RC 35 and 36's, seat, Ringle bottle cage, bottle... I think that's it at present.

Giom6":1zarfk2o said:
I'm trying to follow the Justin Loretz build (the picture is on page 1 of the thread) and he used Campag Record front and rear mechs, along with the hubs, cassette and rims.

Talk about making life hard for myself!

Don't want to put any spanners in the works but if you want a faithful 'homage', you need earlier forks - '91 RC35s with the pronounced step in the carbon lowers and a tubular chromoly brace. Quite tough to find. '92/'93 models are easier to get hold of. Yours are '94 RC35s with the CNC machined alloy brace.
:cool:

A little more waiting to do then Neil! It was a bit like that when I was doing the Zinn, seemed to take for ever and then all of a sudden it was on the door step! Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

I know the forks are a bit later than spec but I already had them and until a good condition pair come up and I have the cash then I will get them, until then I think they will do :)

Back