Biker's amazing downhill run

gtRTSdh":2h3ejocd said:
I'm not saaying I could have done it but with probably 10" of travel front and rear it's not exactly difficult. The consequences of an off though are pretty bloody terrifying!! But that seems to be the result of advances in technology in sport, looka t what happened when cars got aero when they crashed it was twice as bad!

"Not exactly difficult"??? You must be joking! So when was it "exactly" that you rode downhill on such a "10 inch" bike and found it to be so easy??? I would like to get some practical tips to improve my riding! :)

I suggest to follow the regular World Cup edits that pop up on Dirt Mag and Vital after the races and to accept how much the sport changed in the last decade. You could sit on the latest state of the art bike and you'd still have difficulties finishing the course, even as an experienced rider. A mere mortal has nothing to lose in a World Cup, trust me, and the Red Bull events are pretty much the same level. I don't even want to start ranting about the sheer awesomeness that I witnessed last fall in Champery in the rain, because words are insufficient.

So respect your downhillers! You don't say that if you'd have the XC World Champs' bike you'd probably be riding like him, don't you? ;) It's the same.

Peace out!
Mx

right i propped my eyes open and watched the original posted video again, all i can see is a man riding down lots of steps and a relatively smooth path. He is going quite fast i suppose . I still maintain i could ride that and whats more i could do it on a retro hardtail :p Ride down one steep flight of step then you can ride them all i say.

the other videos are a different matter

My five year old girl had a blast watching this.. I put her on my lap and gave her a spare handlebar to hold. I simulated the jumps and bumps.. I had her laughing.. Gotta get them into the sport while they are young.. :)

Back