2000 Specialized Rockhopper FSR rebuild

Gone for metallic grey to tide me over. not sure what I'll do longer term.
Straightline levers are on special offer at CRC so a black set of them on the way today.
:roll:

looking to undo all the hard work by throwing it on the floor whilst falling off it at Haldon Woods this thursday :LOL:

I wish I could remember. It might have been a stumpjumper from around 2004ish but I can't be certain unfortunately as it's been on there for a long time now. Don't think it will help with identification but the stay was originally silver in colour.

It was a cheap ebay experiment costing me about a tenner which was much cheaper than the rare as hens teeth adaptors that were floating around back then.
It took a little 'adjusting' with a dremmel to fit at the link end.
it wasn't much just a couple of mm reduction in width. As it was a fraction too wide.
Apart from the slight width difference at the link the length of it mount hole to mount hole was identical so the original geometry was kept in tact.
This was purely to get me a factory looking rear disc mount and once powder coated with the rest of the frame came out pretty good imho.

:cool: cheers for the nice comment.

just realised if it helps it was only the upper stay with the caliper mount that got changed. the lower stay is still the original 2000 fsr stay.

update time.

fitted
the new straightline levers which I really like,
the shock guard
the new decals

Decals and guard
007zmn.jpg
[/URL]

levers
001nkr.jpg
[/URL]

and finally whilst I had the camera out my wife's bog standard all original yr2000 rockhopper hardtail. 15" frame even has the original pedals with toe straps still fitted. :roll:
004ziw.jpg

just to show it's not a shed queen and does get used a quick pic telling the story of yesterdays summer ride! :roll:

002.jpg

Hi,

What's the frame weight of this one roughly? I hear that the Rockhopper FSR's are tough old beasts, but possibly a little on the porky side ;) Love the repaint job though - very nice!

Back