1998 Kona Stab

Didn't realise BETD were so expensive for bearings - a lot of their stuff seems quite reasonable. Hmmm, I now know where I will not be going when I need bearings.

A pair of orange Mr T's would be ace on the front of that....I reall really wish that I hadn't sold mine now. I bought them in 03 and paid peanuts for them.

Some stuff really is worth keeping but easy come easy go.

The BETD stuff is quality, and is probably up there with th ebest (happy to be told other wise). I guess thats the price you pay for quality as theyre quite a specific company.

Guys hes in Australia, Im pretty sure he could source bearings here without trying BETD.

But in saying that im sourcing parts from all over the world for my haro and im over here in oz.

I always wanted a stab, good luck with the build.

Where in oz are you based ?

I'm in Sydney. Most of the parts I will put on the bike have been sourced from overseas. Pretty hard to get old retro bits in Oz except when an old donor bike might show up on the local websites.

Buzzsaw":2u90wrge said:
I'm in Sydney. Most of the parts I will put on the bike have been sourced from overseas. Pretty hard to get old retro bits in Oz except when an old donor bike might show up on the local websites.

Yeah tru that im after a pair of dorados and it seems as if there are none in oz haha not retro ones anyways, im up in brissy trying to get my haro off the ground.

I usually give US ebay a go for Manitou forkies. The odd retro one shows up from time to time and quite a few sellers send worldwide. Good luck on the Haro build.
I have 90% of the parts to go on the Stab but in the same boat as you about getting front forks.

Progress has been abit slow. Ended up getting a bushing kit from Betd from UK as the local Kona distributor didn't have any for models past 2000 plus the price in the end would have been similar. The rocker arm bushing was especially nackled (see pic) plus the top shock mounting bolt was bent so had to replace before doing anything else. Got some bits on the frame but front forks still a stumbling block - saw some silver coloured Mr T's on Ebay UK but was sold within a day.

Attachments

• worn bushing.jpg
    worn bushing.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,272
  • worn bushing 2.jpg
    worn bushing 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,273
  • bush kit.jpg
    bush kit.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,273
  • 98 Kona.jpg
    98 Kona.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 2,273
Today I received a pair of Mr T's in the post so in the next couple weeks the bike should be completed - "Crazy Fool!"
In the mean time I built a 2000 Kona Kuku bmxer. Frame was new old stock from UK built with newer parts. Forks are Marzocchi DJ bmx type made between 2001 to 2005 or something.

Attachments

• ku 2.jpg
    ku 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2,166
  • ku.jpg
    ku.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,166
  • mr T.jpg
    mr T.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,166
Back