Canyon - Grand canyon AL 29 8.9

skinheadjc

Retro Guru
so after seling my singular hummingbird...... :shock:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115302&highlight=hummingbird

I bought a Canyon - 29er.....

amazing bike, couple of upgrades so far - stem and saddle...
DSC_0109.jpg

Whilst the hummingbird was a nice comforatble 26" long hall ride - The Canyon is much better suited to the majority of my riding of short fast laps.

It climbs like nothing else. :D

Love Canyons!, are they still about £3 for one draped in full XTR ?

Nice looking 29er, but for gods sake lose the Crud catcher, remember plastic = drastic :oops:

:LOL:

Nice. Still not many 29' in my neck of the woods, only seen one and that was in my lbs! What size is the frame, trying to get it in perspective?

to be honest 26" wheels just look odd to be now - had a ago on a mates 26 giant (while he rode mine) and it just felt wrong, kind of 'on top of the bike' feeling.

will be interesting to see how 650B kicks off.

Try riding a BMX like I did at the weekend after riding MTB all the time!

I'm not a big 29er fan and am not buying one but that does look nice for a small frame size :D

Looks good to me! I'll avoid the usual Canyon clichés, have you weighed it at all?

Well originally i had a set of XX cranks to go on the bike, but a family holiday / wife forced my hand into selling them before the bike turned up. However a suprise winning of an X0 chainset on eBay for a bargain price last weekend has ment a swift upgrade....

Unfortunatly its blue which doesn't go with the bike :shock: , so I've ordered some matt black crank skins from the US, but in the meantime I've just used bog standard matt black vinyl. As an added bonus its got larger gearing at 42/28 than the S1400 stock chainset - which i always felt was a little wimpy at 32/22.
here are some side by side before/after shots
DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

and on the bike - oh, ive also changed the saddle to a Selle Italia Sl as the Kurve was a little to hard for longer rides and for the eagle eyed, the grips have changed to ESI racers edge.....
DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Back