show us your cars 2

What do I need to look at specifically, looks sweet outside, interior is honest and engine looks unmolested

longun":1uli945p said:
What do I need to look at specifically, looks sweet outside, interior is honest and engine looks unmolested

you know the usual mechanical checks. golf specific, rear brakes are prone to seizing, gearboxes are a weakpoint (i am on my third - they tend to try and throw the diff out the box), crunch when going into second.

if it is big money check all the functions work on the right hand stalk - outside and oil temp, mpg etc.(the mpg ones NEVER work lol)

what year is it? there were a few very early k jet 16 valve (look for xr3i style metering head) these are pretty robist. the more normal 16v will be digifant and ecu controlled. the ecu's are easily damaged by poor engine earthing - this usually results in the injectors being open all the time, as soon as the fuel pump primes resulting in a cylinder full of fuel or at the very least poor running.

rust areas - on the bulkhead behind the downpipe - difficult to check but look for damp carpets, all around the sunroof internals, inner sills , outer if a post 90 model with sill covers, around the fuel filler area., corners of the rear panel under the rear lights - there is a body seam that rusts and is an expensive fix. make sure this seam is there and hasnt been filled over

cheers dave

looked at it and wow, absolutley stirling example!!!! :D

test drive, nice chat etc etc, siad 2 other guys showed interets but sounded like pricks ;) siad id definetly bid and hopefully see you tomorrow pm with a fist full of dollars :cool: guy seemed chuffed i wsa genuinly interested............and not wanting it to make a profit etc

2 hours later he ends the bid early!

least ill say is i am not a happy bunny :evil:

why do people keep pissing on my bofire, same thing happened earlier this week on a transit van. sick of getting my hope up and being let down. anyway, xr2 is nearly finished so thatll settle my 80's car habbit loll

Had a 95' Calibra DTM edition up till a year ago, had it for 6 years:
cally006.jpg

cally008.jpg

cally003-1.jpg

Traded in for my Corsa VXRacing, over 210bhp, not too slow!
SNV80496.jpg

SNV80498.jpg

SNV80500.jpg

Still miss my Calibra :(

Back