My GT Tempest build thread all done with pics!

looks good mate, very clean (& not helping my itch to pick up a gt of some description if something comes along that i can't refuse!)

GT Tempest 97/98

Hi from Norway! I have the exact same bike. Interesting thread. I need to replace the drive train as the crank inner ring is worn out. So I thought I would replace the whole thing with cassette,chain,cog wheels,and complete crank. Everything is original,including the chain and the bike has seen almost daily use since new. My question is what type of crank set and possibly bottom bracket is needed or is it possible to replece crank set only and leave the bracket alone..? STX RC equipment,SR crank 24T Inner,the paperwork says the bottom bracket is either BB-UN52-E/ 113 mm spindle length/50 mm chain line or BB-LP26-E 110mm spindle length/47.5 mm chain line. Thanks in advance.Rune[/img]

Lovely... tempted to try something similar with this little beaut!
£52 off the bay!
main.php

Nice:) I bought and installed an Alivio crank set,UN 55 bottom bracket, SRAM chain and cassette from chainreactioncycles. Works great.All the best,R

Norwegian":9p12p5aj said:
Nice:) I bought and installed an Alivio crank set,UN 55 bottom bracket, SRAM chain and cassette from chainreactioncycles. Works great.All the best,R

I've put Shimano on mine... HG40 chain, Acera Chain Rings, Acera 11/30 HG41 8 speed cassette, Bottom Bracket UN52 68mm 113mm, (got some good prices from wollyhatshop on eBay) - all good!

Back