My recent 'find out' which maker rebuild road bike. PAVONE.

Tel":2j4s2mx4 said:
Build the wheels yourself Ian? What are they (sorry if I missed that earlier)?
In all honesty I'm not a great fan of the headbadge, it's okay buy I think is a little fussy.
Still a great looking build though I am as impressed as I thought I would be looks stunning. Needs a rolls saddle for the gold trim :)

So what's this one for Sunday best or daily hack!? :D
Yes i stripped my old wheels down and replaced the rims a link to my wheels thread...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201535

Still trying to come to grips with the head-badge maybe a hot air dryer on it and loosen it up or just grin and bear it, Like a Hetchins you either love em or hate em !

A black rolls with the gold trim ! Now you've started something :?

Hard to believe this but i originally got this bike to slap mudguards on it and retire my Raleigh RX100 winter bike, that was until someone looked at it !

Be my second sunday best bike ! Fingers tapping away on chin ...MBK ...Pavone...MBK....Pavone :roll:

Tel. I've used a hot air drier and warmed the vynl up and removed some of the silver back-ground ! I'm more happy with this style what you reckon ?

Ian you made a stirling job of that! Looks like a factory job nearly now. Much better. Looking forward to seeing it all built up with the Rolls and reading the ride report....

Just purchased a new black rolls off ebay for £43 including postage.

Now i've got to try and sell the redundant Turbo saddle :oops: What you reckon its worth Tel ? Got the odd mark here and there but looks very good !

Cheers.
Ian.

Yup I've been getting it in the neck lately about buying too much stuff I am slowly clearing it out but we both know that the real Problem is not how much stuff I buy but how little space I have to put it....

Sometimes though purchases have to be made!

Turbo is worth what you paid for it. In really good nick probably say about £25 - £30

Hi Ian

Typical, I've only just picked up on this thread - if only I read it earlier I could have helped you.

I indeed too have a Pavone road bike, with full original decals from Otley. This has been quite an interesting morning so far from me as last time I searched 'PAVONE CYCLES' (about 2 years ago) nothing came up - but thanks to your enquiry, I've learnt so much about my own bike.

Your rebuild looks great - I'm at work at the moment so can't post up a pick of my steed, but I'll take one over the weekend if you like.

It has lead me to join this forum which loioks pretty cool too, so thanks for that as well.

Cheers and all the best

H.

Honky":3c6o1da8 said:
Hi Ian
I indeed too have a Pavone road bike, with full original decals from Otley. This has been quite an interesting morning so far from me as last time I searched 'PAVONE CYCLES' (about 2 years ago) nothing came up - but thanks to your enquiry, I've learnt so much about my own bike.
Your rebuild looks great - I'm at work at the moment so can't post up a pick of my steed, but I'll take one over the weekend if you like.
H.
Hi H,

Welcome to this MIGHTY FINE forum and by all means add your pavone onto this thread if you like.

I'd love to see another one, though my mate has a Pavone too but i'm still waiting to see him one day :roll:

Munching on pop-corn and waiting.

Regards.
Ian.

Back