Show me your really modern full susses and why you bought it

Love that Nicolai :cool:

Here's my 2009 Ibis Mojo. 140mm travel yet climbs as good as my ht with the option to lock the fork out and also Pro Pedal on the rear. 26lbs and handles like a xc bike but with an extra 40mm travel for comfort or as a safety net for when your intentions exceed your abilities :shock:

Out of all the bikes I've owned, this one's my favourite -

20100622-P1000377.jpg

Mnnnnnnnnnnn, three lovely bikes there. Heart definately says Yeti, but as Scant suggested, I need to swing my leg over a few at a demo day...

Hi there...

I recently picked up a Pace RC405 which I'm delighted with. I had been toying with other manufacturers though I was put off with the amount of certain bikes like the Orange 5 or Commencal Meta 5's (supposed to be brilliant bikes) that come up for sale a lot whereas with the Pace, finding a secondhand one is pretty thin on the ground...if any. Possibly that could be down to the volume of sales with Pace and them not selling rake loads, who knows?

As for the bike itself: In a word 'awesome' the bike rides like a dream! Very plush and comfy, no peddle-bob. It digs in when climbing and rips downhill. On my first ride out on it I was giggling like a kid; I'd made the right choice going from hard tail to fully suspended.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 589
Paul Eggleton":3fdrp8q8 said:
That's does look sweet too, and I am a life long Pace fan as well. Damn! Too much choice.

I'm very happy with my purchase, I made the right choice :D

Like you mention, theres just so much choice out there - its mind boggling. I wanted a 'do-it-all' bike excluding extreme downhill/free ride as they're not my bag. I wanted something to soak up the bumps and make my riding more of a pleasure instead of being rattled to pieces on a hard tail which I'd endured for years.

Have you a good choice of bike shops where you can try out different manufacturers to find out what best suits you and your style of riding?

My Kona Dawg Supreme, bought it to build up to replace my older GT LTS. 140mm plush travel, Rides great, 28.4lbs, with lockout!! ;)

SAM_0371.jpg

Here`s mine. 2011 Fuel ex6. All parts upgraded,except brakes(love avid elixir). the 2012 RP23 rear shock being a really great upgrade! have been riding HTs for many years and recently a TI softtail,but this was love at first ride. I will never go back to HT! 120 mm at each end,weight 11,77 kg.

Attachments

• trek.JPG
    trek.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 457
I guess it also depends on your budget and bang for buck factor! I had a limited budget, I would have liked maybe an Orange 5 or Spesh but my heart has always been in Marin country! Having had a few over the years my first of their full suspension bikes was a 1997 Marin Quake....It sold full suss to me the first time I rode it and converted a few of my mates also! Looking back now it was a bit of a tank! But it gave me the confidence to go faster over rough terrain and once I had a "feel" for the suspension, how it flexed and moved, I learned to use it to my advantage. Going into a tight banked turn is great! Compress the bike just before the apex and it gives you amazing traction and grip. The same steep descents just feels like the wheels stay in contact with the ground much more than a hardtail or rigid frame.

I'm now riding a 2008 Marin Rift Zone with an upgraded wheelset and full XT (and other tweaks) Love it! Best bike for your buck in my opinion. The frame design is a bit of a marmite love it or hate it...personally I love it! Ok yeah you have to sacrifice a bit to weight and yes definately harder on the uphills... But its the downhills and trail riding where it comes alive! I do mainly XC riding woodland trails rooty and rutty but no big drops! (way too old for that!) and find it performs exactly as i want it to... I guess you get used to a bike like a car and when you find a brand and ride/drive style you like, thats just what feels right.

Basically do the full suss thing I love it and find it real hard to ride rigid frame bikes on anything but gravel pathways! (Cue abuse from rigid frame lovers! Maybe my joints can't take the bone rattling anymore!) If you have ever surfed or snowboarded the feeling to me is the same....just fluid!

My two full sussers:

Wook

Attachments

• marin rz retro.jpg
    marin rz retro.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 417
  • retro 10.jpg
    retro 10.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 417
Back