1993/4 BIGFOOT Smokestone - More Blue Anno Added...

Made some progress on this.

In two minds though - XTR m900 or MT m730/4/5/6....... and blue or purple bits..... or just go all black Controltech inc skewers...

Seeing as I am missing a m900 front mech, have wheels with a m730 front hub and a m900 rear hub/8 speed cassette and have blue QRs/drop outs/USE seat post, USE purple seatpost handle bars, a full black control tech finishing kit I am almost there on each count.

I think it is likely to be a bit of a mix for a while - can't wait to ride it - would like to take it to the RB ride at Surrey next weekend...

pic of rolling chassis ;D

Attachments

• DSC_0090.jpg
    DSC_0090.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 480
looking good ! I would swap out the Control tech stem for an Atac stem though!

Tc

I like the control tech, mine came with a black one like yours originally.

Still say it needs a blue USE post though (and blue bars), would look the nuts :cool:

Tc":ymp06xdk said:
looking good ! I would swap out the Control tech stem for an Atac stem though!

Tc

For some reason these seem to be CT bikes - lots of pics with CT stuff from BITD... going to stick with it for now.

the_duke":ymp06xdk said:
I like the control tech, mine came with a black one like yours originally.

Still say it needs a blue USE post though (and blue bars), would look the nuts :cool:

Yeah I agree - if I had blue USE bars that is the way I'd go - I missed a set on eBay the other day and they don't seem to come up very often :(

I think I'd like to end up with a blue USE and XT build - just like that pic you posted :cool:

I have a very nice set of Blue xlite experts I might be persuaded to part with!!!

Tc

nevadasmith":3v1fafox said:
I think I'd like to end up with a blue USE and XT build

Music to my ears ;)

It's looking great.

If you can track down some blue, then it would really complete the picture.

nevadasmith":3c8afaqq said:
Tc":3c8afaqq said:
I have a very nice set of Blue xlite experts I might be persuaded to part with!!!

Tc

Thanks Tc - do you have a pic?

caeca9e4.jpg

Tc

oooh id love them .......i have a worthy steed if he declines.......

waves arm and deawls " these are not the bars you are looking for,,,move on

Back