100% factory original 1982 Raleigh Team Replica 12

Talking about brake levers..... I popped into the garage and dug out my old Campag Record brake levers.

They were kicked into touch about 1976 when I bought my first gen Shimano brakes with drilled brake levers.

The shunned campag brake levers are in pretty good nick and the hoods have the word "campagnolo" through what looks like a kids representation of a sun (circle with rays coming out)...

If they are the "globe ones" I'll stick them on my Falcon San Remo :)

Shaun

Finally all together.....

Amazing how well the parts have cleaned up with a bit of petrol and a toothbrush...

teambikes007.jpg

teambikes003.jpg

teambikes002.jpg

VERY happy with it :D

teambikes021.jpg

This TI Raleigh in its original un-restored state is way better than a fully restored one ;)

Don't you dare have it resprayed ! ''If you do i will find you and kill you i have the skills to do it'' :shock: from the film 'Taken' i think !

Ian Raleigh":gwenm1on said:
This TI Raleigh in its original un-restored state is way better than a fully restored one ;)

Don't you dare have it resprayed ! ''If you do i will find you and kill you i have the skills to do it'' :shock: from the film 'Taken' i think !

:LOL:

The red Ti one will never be restored, I just love the fact it's still 99% original after all these years. It will be pampered so much it's conditon will never worsen ;)

They both look great and as much as i really like the Raleigh blue/white combo i also prefer the red one - it just seems to suit that design.

Back