Rotec Pro Downhill Resto-Custom Build

Damnnn! First, I don't speak english very well. Im from Chile.

I register myself cause I can't wait, I wanna see this project finished!
Im following this post for a few weeks now and I'm getting nervous, I been always a big fan of Rotec, and I have a 10 year old frame in my garage, maybe this post gave me the final motivation to restore it (restoration) but whit 2012 components. Its hard to find in Chile old school parts.

Cheers

Hi tetopluz & welcome to the gang
I am also mad keen to see this thing finished
Please get some pictures of yours up too buddy

O.P, C'MON SON , GET YER FINGER OOT!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

G

Hang in there folks. A progress update is near.

I just got the fork legs back from White Brothers last Friday. I worked through the weekend and probably working late every night this week. But I'll try to get a few more bits bolted on in between paying jobs and post up some pics.

Progress Update

Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long. I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm!

I'll let the pictures do the talking:

HPIM2411.jpg

HPIM2412.jpg

I'm pleased with how everything is coming together.
I was going to do "KAYABA" decals on the fork, but the gold ano turned out a very Ohlins color that matched the rear shock, so I had some custom Ohlins decals made up. The Yamaha decals on the fork guards are stock items I found on ebay.

One thing I'm not sure about is the DH04 front brake caliper. It is a #3 and requires a +20mm adapter. With it all bolted up it looks pretty awkward. Unless someone can help me locate a #8 DH04 caliper I think I'm going to install an Enduro 4 caliper that I have instead.

Remaining parts that need to be ordered are tires, rear mech (waiting on a SRAM with clutch) and shifter.

Hoping to have tires and brakes installed next weekend.

Back