Bontrager Race Lite 1997

Loving the bike mate, its looking awesome....

I really think it needs a black post though, bikes always look more balanced when you follow the 'holy trinity' rule, where rims, stem and post are all the same colour!

Yes folks, picture time!
First out is a really nice combo.
In the beginning I got an xtr m900 post that set the black component theme.
Sadly it was 26,6 instead of 26,8...

That has now been corrected as I got a hold of a nice post, but well used, making it easier putting it on as the other one was NOS.
It still looks really great and weighs a feathery 262 grams :cool:
Thanks mkozaczek!

This at last matches the carbon rails. This is the third try to get it right and it just fit like a glove, I´m so pleased :D

So here it is...

IMG_0155.jpg

/J

bonty98":3vghzxgc said:
Today I went to my LBS with frame, fork, headset and stem so they can put it all together.
At last the wheels are in motion (pun intended) and next week I´ll have the result.
At the same time spring is round the corner so at long last it´s time to go out riding again :)

A cool thing with the LBS is they had a Bontrager steel sign, which Keith had signed at the shop :cool:

Here´s the stickers that I got last fall from Gil. Thanks mate, sterling job :D

Jan

where can I get some of these sticker? tried to find Gil but still nothing, can someone help me plz!!

OK, so now I´ve finally weighed the Race Lite.

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

I´m maybe a wee bit disappointed by the weight of 10708 grams, but it´s not that bad. It´s without pedals.
That would be 23,60 lb´s.

What do you guys think about the weight? The marz weighs as much as the frame but it´s a nice fork.

BTW, thanks to Mike and Lasse for helping me getting it weighed :cool:

/J

don't forget to minus the plank of wood ;)

most rigid forks will come up lighter for your build but, comfort is a good thing. still, a weight boxing in the top league and a great design.

i like it :cool:

Back