TI Raleigh 531

Just been looking on eBay for wheels and came across a couple of old TI Raleigh Campagnolo jerseys, the cheaper one was for sale at £100. :shock:
Do they sell at that price?
Anyone want to buy mine or swap for some nice wheels :LOL:

Attachments

• TI_012.jpg
    TI_012.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 2,877
Nouvo record stuff is lovely looking. That'll build into a nice light bike.

I ended up buying the mystery no serial number bike, it's completely orignal but not as nice condition as yours, I have a feeling it may be a sbdu bike after seeing some close up pics of it. The seller was selling a jersey too like yours, it had a buy it now price of £100 but a reserve of £50. It only made £28 I think so will be relisted she tells me.

bedraggled":2yejx28u said:
Unless it's an oddball, no number on the bottom bracket would pretty much rule out an Ilkeston or Worksop frame.
The other common location for a serial number is the back of the seat tube at the top.
The colour scheme was used on just about the whole range of bikes from the cheapest to the most expensive, probably better to look for other signs of quality such as Campagnolo drop outs.

What about the steerer tube? Always worth checking there although without a serial on the frame you'd never know if the fork belonged to that particular frame.

Gorgeous frame bedraggled, looking forward to seeing it built up. I also have one of those Raleigh jerseys except mine is a Ralpar piece, not an Admiral. £100 you say? Hmm...

The £100 for a jersey seemed very optimistic but the seller was also selling lots of other Raleigh memorabilia from 99p without reserve (a blue and white Raleigh jersey sold for £35).
Their Team Replica also seemed to be priced very fairly, will be interested to see some better pictures when it arrives.

I've been busy with the soap pads, degreaser and autosol over the weekend so the groupset looks a lot smarter, the main let down is the wheels.
Going to stop the cleaning and leave some patina, or I'll end up with a garage queen that I'm not prepared to use.

Colin

I should have the bike in a few days it's already posted. I think it appears to be 100% original even down to the flat tubs! the smattering of digits under the BB sound interesting, I may check the steerer too.

Bedraggled, sorry to have waffled on about my new bike in your thread.
Keep us updated on the build, i've really got a soft spot for these ti bikes :cool:

Colin, what's your choice of wheels for the build? I have a nice straight pair of 36H red/gold label gp4's rims sitting around. You could have them for the price of the postage and build them up with your NR hubs?....let me know ;)

Oh, there's 72 stainless plain gauge spokes too that were fitted to small flange hubs, likely to be ok length wise?....

Shawn, thanks for the offer, very kind.
I think for practicality I'm going to use clinchers, probably go for an all silver modern rim and remove the decals.

Colin

By co-incidence it was the Silver Open Sport that I was thinking of.
A few weeks back my LBS built me some wheels using the black version and I'm very pleased with them.
Was going to ask my LBS for advice in case they had an alternative but the Silver Open Sport is my current front runner.

Back