100% factory original 1982 Raleigh Team Replica 12

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
Just picked up this beauty (another keeper!). Bought from the original owner and absolutely 100% original. Never had a cable or tyre change. Rear der pat marked '82 and the regina oro freewheel dated 81. Specs are spot on to the 1982 Bulgier Raleigh catalogue even down to the sturmey archer 'sportif' clips and straps & clement ritmo tubs. Will have to replace the lever hoods but they are the type with 'campagnolo' written in old script over a globe not the later SR sheild type which I bought for my panasonic team build. It is very dirty and oily which has probably helped preserve the bike and help the overall condition. The gold sedis chain and regina freewheel still shiny gold under all the cruddy oil!
Odd that it only has the number 4 on the BB shell and maybe a T or F the other side of the cutouts....... should really have a W..........
I love it!

raleighti006.jpg

raleighti005.jpg

raleighti018.jpg

raleighti019.jpg

raleighti017.jpg

raleighti016.jpg

raleighti013.jpg

raleighti012.jpg

raleighti011.jpg

raleighti009.jpg

raleighti007.jpg

4_Team-Replica_and_Gran-sport.jpg

8_specs.jpg

Blimey, what a find :D

Campyoldy has those brake levers with globe hoods on his site for £200

Shaun

You ride it - or there is no point in having it!!

Sorry, I should be more specific. You ride it, clean it, and maintain it!

Absolutely beautiful - what a find... :shock:

Nice shots by the way - don't know what it is about oudoors photos but I always think they show the bike off better than indoors pics. Look forward to seeing the bike after some well-deserved TLC.

Excellent, looks in really good condition, with a bit of spit and polish should be like new.
Hoping that mine, when it's finished, will be as good.

Midlife":14iqxqtm said:
Blimey, what a find :D

Campyoldy has those brake levers with globe hoods on his site for £200

Shaun

I wont be paying that for sure!! I will just get some later shield SR ones and look out for some patina'd globe ones!

Shawn.

Thanks all, finally the sun has come out and I will attempt to de-grease and polish up all the parts. If this hangover shifts then I'll nick the gp4's off the road ace and go for a spin. The original 13-18 straight through block is going to be hard work when I get the tyres sorted/replaced :LOL:

Shawn.

You've got that the wrong way round mate - get out on the bike to shift the hangover, don't wait for the hangover to shift before getting out on the bike!

Back