Buckinghamshire

will have to work hard to get my bike running again after an accident riding up coombe hill last week. will get it ready though!

Sunday the 20th of May RetroBike ride from Wendover Bucks

Ride details:

Meet time is 10:30am for a prompt 11:00am start.
We meet at Wendover library car park (The car park is to the east of the High Street about half way along).

The nature of the ride will depend on both the trail conditions and to accommodate the needs of less able riders. As the intention is to make the ride enjoyable for riders of all abilities, I will include the occasional technical section, which will be optional.

Helmets should be worn.

A lunch stop is planned for between 1 and 2pm at the White Lion at St Leonards who serve meals and sandwiches. There may be other refreshment stops at either the Cafe in the Woods or the Old Swan at Lee Gate.

The ride should finish about five o'clock with the option of retiring to the Red Lion in Wendover, maybe a short evening ride afterwards.

This ride will take place even if heavy rain is forecast

Regards,

Graham.

Cant make the ride, my mates bday so going to do a road ride in the morning as i need to be back for lunch time,

maybe be at the next one though.. have a good ride

Graham,

I'll be OK for the morning...might have to peel off at lunch, got to be back home for 4ish.

02gf74
but where is the group meeting?
Are we meeting at the carpark round the back of Wendover High Street again, or at the Cafe in the Woods?
Google Map here

All the best,

Hi Sparkzz. Keep a watch on this thread for info on future rides.

Hi Dan,

Ride details:
Meet time is 10:30am for a prompt 11:00am start.
We meet at Wendover library car park (The car park is to the east of the High Street about half way along).

Your link to Google Maps is correct.:cool: If you work out the time that you need to get back to Wendover, I could modify the route to make your return ride more straightforward.

I am looking forward to seeing your Highpath.

Graham.

Thanks, Graham.

The start's about 1 1/2hrs from here, so I'd need to be back at Wendover for around 2:30.

All the best,

On my night shift looking forward to the ride tomorrow, just checked the weather looks good :cool:

Must try and sneak off for some sleep :LOL:

20th of May 2012 jujupunk, danson67 and myself rode in excess of 35 miles around the woods east of Wendover. Nearly all the riding was off-road and the trails were mostly dry though we did manage to find some "nice and muddy" sections.

I had my first ever pinch puncture, lost my ability to distinguish right from left and also lost the last 10inches of my rear mudguard on the final downhill. The 2.5" wide Bluemels "chromoplastic" mudguard sheered clean off as a result of nearly 24 years of vibration induced flexing. If only I could remember the name of the shop where I bought it I could take it back for a refund.:roll:
We also visited the site of the original Wendover Bash events. The first of which held in 1984 was the second mountain bike event to be held in the UK.

More Buckingamshire rides to follow. Maybe an evening ride in the Ivinghoe Beacon area?

Attachments

• DSCF0985.jpg
    DSCF0985.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 1,429
  • DSCF0987.jpg
    DSCF0987.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,429
Back