Tubular repair

It worked!!!!

Bought this yesterday.

DSCN1933.jpg

Applied the glue as described. It's been more than 24h and the gap is still closed! :)

Thank you so much.

No, but I'll report back when I do.

I've tried this method with different super glue brands in the past and the minute I inflated the tubular the gap would slowly open. This time it has hold on for more than 24h so my hopes are high.

Did my test ride today.

It hold on for the 1st 10Km. During the 2nd 10Km the cut opened completely and it's now around 1.5cm long. LOL! I guess I'll just replace the tubular and be done with it.

jCymbal":2cm3ki4d said:
It hold on for the 1st 10Km. During the 2nd 10Km the cut opened completely and it's now around 1.5cm long. LOL! I guess I'll just replace the tubular and be done with it.

Knackers :cry: You running very high pressures ?

8 to 9bars but it held alright during the 24h rest.

It was only today when ridden that it opened again. When I found that cut a few months ago it was just 5mm long. It just got longer and longer (and wider). Now I guess it's just too late to save this lovely tubular. LOL!

8-9 bars is quite high though, I usually use 7-7.5 bars although I'm not hugely heavy.

If the casing itself is not cut, you can still use the tyre, maybe on the rear for safety. But the tread around the cut might start pulling off the casing, eventually.

Had another go at it. Careful cleaning and glueing. Let it sit for a couple of days. Did my test ride today (10Km) and this time it seems to have worked. The cut is still closed. I'll do a 100Km ride this weekend and see how it goes.

Just to let you know.

That tubular is no longer with us and has moved on to greener pastures. It did hold on for more than 100km but 20km before my ride's end. LOL.

Thanks all the same. Cheers!

Back