MKM Ultimate

Ralph_the_Rohan

Retro Guru
Hi,

Just thought I'd post a few pics of an MKM Ultimate a friend has just finished putting together. I'm afraid I don't know enough to fill out the Spec Sheet but hopefully the pics speak for themselves...

Attachments

• IMG_0863a.jpg
    IMG_0863a.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 2,284
  • IMG_0862a.jpg
    IMG_0862a.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,285
  • IMG_0861a.jpg
    IMG_0861a.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 2,285
  • IMG_0860a.jpg
    IMG_0860a.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 2,284
  • IMG_0858a.jpg
    IMG_0858a.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,285
Very nice. Have you registered it here -

http://www.mkm-cycles.co.uk/

Do you know the frame number? This can date it and Robin keeps a list of all MKM's he can find.

The Ultimate on the front page is mine.

Does your friend 'ride it in anger' in TT's as it warrants?

The pics do speak for themselves. That is a very handsome and distinctive little bike. Thanks for sharing.

Very smart :)

Just a quick question.....were all the MKM Ultimate's brazed or did the very early ones have lugs ? I have it in my mind I saw one about 1977 / 78 and I am sure it had lugs.

Shaun

Midlife":10xerdo1 said:
Very smart :)

Just a quick question.....were all the MKM Ultimate's brazed or did the very early ones have lugs ? I have it in my mind I saw one about 1977 / 78 and I am sure it had lugs.

Shaun

All brazed I am sure. With the design having the seat tube intercepting the down tube it's the only way. Steve Elsworth was the magic man with the lugless work.

Spokesmann":11dsel49 said:
Hell thats a short wheel base. :D :shock:

Tell me about it! I bang my heel on the rear mech on mine! Leads to unexpected gear changes at awkward moments.

Back