Got round to slapping some parts (from the bin) on the Puch

Bob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this frame and fork a while ago for the huge sum of £10.
Found myself with a bit of time the other day so thought i'd slap some bits on it to see how it rides.

The wheels.. errrm I was given them ages ago and have never tried them.
I thought the freakyness may go with the frame :? they are rather heavy but recently i've seen a couple of pairs sell for upwards or £50 on ebay (can be bought new for £150 :shock: ) so I thought i'd see what they're like to ride.

2012-05-17_10-55-26_759.jpg

2012-05-17_10-55-13_104.jpg

2012-05-17_10-55-02_582.jpg

2012-05-17_10-56-17_602.jpg

:LOL:

I just noticed with them wheels it's got 16 triangles, suck on that GT :LOL:

I'll give it a ride next week and see how she goes (i'm guessing slowly with the weight of them wheels) would liked to have put a lower rise stem on but these are the only forks I had with the right size steerer and it's that silly skinny size internal diameter so stuck with the high rise for now.

Went for a little ride along the seafront before going to bed this morning, very slow accelerating but once on the move them wheels seem to act like flywheels keeping the momentum going, didn't try riding up any hills as I live at sea level and was knackered anyway :LOL:
It was quite comfortable though the stickers on the frame that say 'flex system' aren't lying, plus I did get a couple of screwy looks from people, one in particular really did have a look on his face that simply said "wtf?" :cool:

Back