Yeti-mans Yeti ProFRO finished - pics at page 4

7215738050_405af21af2_b.jpg

That's just :shock: Love it :!:

Just tuning in now, nice build!

I'd trim those QRs a bit, no sense having all that extra threaded length sticking out.

Also, that's a lot of stickers on there, no???

mkozaczek":27jtkyua said:
Just tuning in now, nice build!

I'd trim those QRs a bit, no sense having all that extra threaded length sticking out.

Also, that's a lot of stickers on there, no???

Hi good folks, - thanks for the enthusiasm for my build. One of many inspirations have been JT Yetis from the good old time with all the stickers and pimping. Most inspiring have been the Yeti FRO JT had around 1990. It was partly sponsored by EASTON aluminum. Answer products used Easton aluminium in their handlebars the Taper wall and hyper lite bars and the A-Tac stems. I was looking for a Fro frame with the yellow/neon fork but they are hard to get by, so I settled with this nice rust free frame and black fork. As you see the frame and fork came without practically any decals, so I had a clean frame to pimp. I am pretty happy with the outcome as you probably have guessed, and since I already have a clean FRO (see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1175181) I wanted a race ready race pimped rig this time.

Here is the specifications:

Frame: Yeti Pro FRO

Fork: Answer Accu-Trax

Headset: Chris King 1 1/4 Grip Nut
Stem: Answer A-TAC
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: ODI Attack neon
Barends: NA

Brakes: Grafton Spedcontrollers
Brake Pads: Generic
Brake Cables: Shimano SLR 2.0mm thick cable
Cantilever cable hangers: NA
Brake Levers: Tech Lite

Shifters: Shimano XTII thumb shifter rear / Suntour thumb shifter front
Front Derailleur: Mavic 860
Rear Derailleur: Mavic 840
Derailleur Cables: Generic
Cassette: SRAM 8 speed black
Chain: Taya 8 speed
Cranks: Middleburn RS2 175mm
Crank Bolts: Middleburn
Chainrings: Middleburn
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Ritchey

Hub Skewers: Ringle Titanium
Rims: Syncros Araya RM-20
Hubs: Hügi rear / Bullseye front
Nipples: DT brass
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Onza Porcupine
Tubes: Continental

Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo
Seatpost: Shimano XTII
Seatpost Binder: Titanium M6 Bolt

JT's inspiring Yeti FRO
5007418851_8b11220477_o.jpg

and some more close ups...
7223399396_90358c53a3_b.jpg

7223399798_df87bbb09f_b.jpg

7223400058_5b920a017f_b.jpg

7223400332_fc6d583394_b.jpg

7223400690_2db22768a1_b.jpg

racer x":ll9cousz said:
Very nice you kept the classic yeti look as well nothing looks out of place awesome :D

Thanks!

Test build before applying decals, here you see the Panaracer TimbukII both front and rear. I also tested with a NOS Smoke skinwall at the rear, but ended up with the porcs... but if I manage to get me a Porc skin wall I will run Smoke rear and porc front - Furtado style :)
7225936324_c5737a1928_b.jpg

7225936422_ac93564003_b.jpg

Here you see the steering department and the two different thumbies. Everyone that have been around since the early days know that the suntour thumb outperformed any other brand - period!
7225936698_b8fc36c440_b.jpg

Very nice yeti-man, although I do prefer it without the decals but I understand why you went with them. Two thumbs up. :cool:

I love it! your choice of components is very cool imho. I like those details like the different thumbies. I don't know what looks better, the timbuks or the porcs.
your idea of skinwall porc/smoke isn't bad either ;)

did you consider white cables? looks so good on this frame colour...

Latest posts

Back