Proflex Rear Shock or Mounting Kit

The rear shock design on the Proflex is always an issue when the elastomer/ODS/Noleen shock eventually dies, it's just not compatible with modern shocks.
Luckily I managed to get an adapter which allows fitment of a Fox Float shock, it was from a member on the idriders Proflex forum (he's also a member on here) although it was a strictly limited production run.
Probably your best bet is to find a used Noleen damper, they do come up for sale now & then, and there's often cheapish Proflex bikes on ebay that you could cannibalise for the shock.
I think there's a few motorcycle places in the UK which will service Noleen shocks, search on here & you should find the names.
The other alternative is the Risse dampers from the USA, they are really good and worth the money, it may seem expensive but if you plan on keeping your Proflex for a few years then compared to a modern Fox shock etc it's really not that expensive tbh.

User that manufactured an adaptor 02gf74 I think it was linked to XP8 so search author 02gf74 and XP8 should bring it up.

Regards corrosion on the shafts, any imperfections in the chrome will allow the shock to lose pressure and will require a new shaft from Noleen J6 in the states, they won't send the shaft on it's own I've tried.

it may be possibble to get it rechromed but this again is a lot of messing about with an old shock.

gtRTSdh":27qmkw8c said:
User that manufactured an adaptor 02gf74 I think it was linked to XP8 so search author 02gf74 and XP8 should bring it up.

Regards corrosion on the shafts, any imperfections in the chrome will allow the shock to lose pressure and will require a new shaft from Noleen J6 in the states, they won't send the shaft on it's own I've tried.

it may be possibble to get it rechromed but this again is a lot of messing about with an old shock.

Ahhhh on the shock, i was looking all over the forks and couldnt see a thing with regards to corrosion, apart from the Elastomers appearing to be as tough as old boots my forks are in pretty good condition. I am looking at doing a spring conversion on both front and rear and hopefully the Noleen variety as they seem to get good ratings over the Risse shocks, i am not sure how much is true of this as i have found things like suspension tend to come down to personal taste. Once up and running i will update my Proflex build thread :D

I was looking for the same thing, putting a newer shock on my proflex. I did notice that you can use a spring instead of those shity rubber bushings and the best part is you can use the spring/.shock hardware you have.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190945224778?ss ... 1436.l2649
Hope this helps.....

Attachments

• proflexspringproject1.jpg
    proflexspringproject1.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 229
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back