1992 Cinder Cone- Joe Murray Steelie

humanoid1989

Kona Fan
Heres my 1992 Kona Cinder Cone. Almost complete- just need a seatpost and clamp (anyone know what size i need, my calipers are broke!) and a V Brake dog collar (anyone have one to sell?).

p4pb7962479.jpg

p4pb7962483.jpg

p4pb7962488.jpg

p4pb7962494.jpg

The front mech is a cheapo C90 one thats been bodged :LOL: but it'll do for now and will be replaced with an XT one.
Cranks and BB will also be replaced with a Truvativ Stylo set up thats currently on my Intense Spider. As soon as i can find a Truvativ BB tool, i'll be on it!
I resisted the temptation to put my white Rockshox Revelations up front as although cosmetically they look lush with this frame, they are disc only and i want a V brake set.
I wanted to have a retro bike with modern bits for durability and useability- hopefully i've achieved it.

What do you think people??

v brake dog collar aquired, so the rear cable will be tidied up in due course- hopefully the next pic i post up will have some nice scenery and some mud in it ;) ➡️

That's a really neat and nicely detailed bike; just my sort of project.

I really like the red / black brakes :cool:

Well the seatpost finally arrived and all the bits are bolted on- she's ready to ride!

p4pb8166238.jpg

Oh look the suns out :cool: now iv'e just got to get rid of the kids (they're only 2 and 4 so they have no social life yet!) for a couple of hours and i can go find some scenery :D

Maybe you, my fellow Retrobikers can help me choose a seat- i have 3 to pick from. I'm liking the Union Jack myself but it has short rails.....

p4pb8166239.jpg

The Bikehut one looks pretty comfy, but the Bel Air is tried and trusted and has been on at least 3 bikes throughout its history :LOL:

PS: the flat pedals will be coming off and SPuDs going on.....

Back