Midweek Moontains

Will do, ill just sling the bike in the boot and come straight from work, mind you the rain better stop or it will be a mudbath!

Summer's here and with the light nights and gorgeous weather we've not been having, it's time for a thread resurrection...

Any interest in a roadie (king of the) midweek moontains? Thinking we could try a few classic routes together after work, or even showing us round your local training loop? Given it's a midweek, wouldn't expect any epics, but thinking a bit of variety and company would keep the road work fresh. I know I fancy a change from Falkirk's pot-holed country B-roads.

I can offer a tour of Tayside's finest potholes when ever you like Zigzag. 20, 30 or 40mile loops all possible in a daylight evening run.

Let me get back to you, could offer some of the west coasts Strava bits early next week if you like?

Whilst at Dunkeld I suggested to Mark (JimiHendrix) that we could host a Renfrewshire style midweek outing during the lighter evenings. The Gleniffer Braes has plenty of good trails which will have dried out by now.
There's nice road runs too.

Only problem being that I'm only available on Wednesday evenings and Mark sometimes has to work late at short notice (I think that's what he said) so might be difficult to organise.

Hawmaw, it was always a Wednesday we met before. Either at Gazz's/ Lochwinnoch/Pollock. GB would be a welcome addition. I'd not make it every Wednesday either but someone will turn up. The idea was post up 'this wednesday = here(insert venue) and see who comes. Anyone is free to post, no rhyme or reason to it.

I've got a 40 mile road loop which is quite good down into the borders which has plenty of scope for shortening. Hills, moors, reservoirs etc and the odd well positioned pub :D

A Tour de Midlothian is also good, lots of B-roads, such as the '3 reservoirs' ;)

My elderly Dawes Lightning is very close to roadworthy.

Good stuff gents, now all we need is some decent weather.

Liking the idea of a pub stop on the road bike as well, most civilized.

:D

Any excuse!

I'm almost glad now when one of my cranks works its way loose and falls off... I've now also got my front mech setup just right, so that the chain is sure to come off at least twice during a ride when changing down to the wee ring.

Back