Bigfoot Smokestone rebiuld

Looks great,can't help but notice one of the dropouts appear to have become detached from the fork leg.Try forum member justbackdated,he should be able to help.Cant wait to see this rebuilt and would love on myself. :twisted: :twisted:

was going to align everything up remove the elstomer in that shock and araldite it back in again, wait to dry and re-assemble again?

Decision time....the frame is need of a bit of tlc, its not in a bad way, just small niks and scratches...its been used..but i have decided to go back to bare and re polish to give it a new appearance.

The zero titanium bb is back in action, the only replacement was a steel un 55
the original bearings and shells were u/s so managed to find some Hope shells and bearings and with a bit of machining its back to its original light weight spec.

Wheels refurbished....cleaned etc new bearings, Tomahak stem was tatty black now polished raw. Found some tyres which are the same as I had it new..they are not black and tan!!!

Have got some new decals on order to distract from a possible dodgy polish...work in progress....see what happens.

Front shocks repaired back to original ready to go ...

Few more weeks to go yet....keep you posted

What a job!!!!! getting the anodising off was a complete nightmare...ever tried peeling a potato with your finger nails.....

The frame just looked tired quiet a few marks so tried to carefully polish them out and one thing led to another......i was committed to a complete frame polish.

Just about ready for the re-build

more to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_201205179563.jpg
    IMG_201205179563.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_2012051720116.jpg
    IMG_2012051720116.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_201205171057.jpg
    IMG_201205171057.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 524
Good work! Anyone want to polish mine it's peeing me off I can't get a shine on it!

Tc

to be honest the shine was easier than getting that anodising lacquer off, as soon as thats gone your back to ally and the shine came easily with the aid of a drill and mop/polish....glad to see the back of this rebuild so no more polishing for me for a while!!

Used 2 4" mops first one is a sisal mop with grey polish then soft stitched mop with green polish,,,polishingshop found in Google.

not sure what stage you are at but that anodising has to come off first...it takes some shifting.

I had mine acid dipped so there's nowt but alloy there that needs polishing!

Tc

Back