My recent 'find out' which maker rebuild road bike. PAVONE.

C'mon Ian you're taking forever :p As if I've got room to talk 'buyer, but not starter of many projects....one day.

Custom decals look excellent and metal headbadge is a winner for sure.

Can't wait!

Lovely

Thats looking really smart, you must be well pleased with how its coming along.
I agree with the above, it would be good to see that headbadge :cool:
Ride report next ;)

Jamie

Tel and Jamie to tell you the truth which i don't mind admitting as we all make mistakes but i don't like head-badge i designed :(

Thinking of getting it lug lined in gold !

Looking good so far - seems just the job even without any lug lining, but if you can get it done well by someone with a steady hand, go for it.

David

Fantastic work there - I think the head badge looks good personally. I'd wait until the bike is fully built up before deciding on the lug-lining. It's nice and simple as it is and lug-lining might look "fussy".

Then again it might look great... :?

Rich34":33vz6yrm said:
It's nice and simple as it is and lug-lining might look "fussy".
Yeh ! something makes me think would there have been lug lining on such a late 80's race bike :shock:
Lug lining is nice for old bikes such as a Mercian or Carlton but maybe not on this Pavone.

Eagerly waiting for Fedex to deliver my rims today ;)

Ian.

Not trying to bore you guys with my thread but decided to put up two pic's of her sat on the new rims :)

Been given some handlebars complete with drilled holes for the brake cables so i've swapped them now !

*sorry these images are lost forever*

Thanks for looking.

Build the wheels yourself Ian? What are they (sorry if I missed that earlier)?

In all honesty I'm not a great fan of the headbadge, it's okay but I think it's a little fussy.

Still a great looking build though I am as impressed as I thought I would be looks stunning. Needs a rolls saddle for the gold trim :)

So what's this one for Sunday best or daily hack!? :D

Back