Proflex Rear Shock or Mounting Kit

I am also on the lookout for a adapter for my 857. The noleen nr2 is ok at the moment, but I think it will need changing in a few months, as I got a nr2 which was on a pair of noleen crosslinks which I am rebuilding with a rockshox coil over. The nr2 needs a rebuild - nitrogen recharge and oil change.

Guys, the user that made the adaptor is on here username starting o2g , used a fox shock, trouble is the cost of the adaptor + new shock is just as expensive as new girvin / risse.

I've bought several 2nd hand girvins and they all have terminal corosion on the shaft.

gtRTSdh":1jrtmuv4 said:
Guys, the user that made the adaptor is on here username starting o2g , used a fox shock, trouble is the cost of the adaptor + new shock is just as expensive as new girvin / risse.

I've bought several 2nd hand girvins and they all have terminal corosion on the shaft.

Agreed, i've look into the manufacturing of an adaptor and unless you have access to the facilities you then have to produce scale drawings etc. I did source some drawings albeit more like a rough drawing, and not to a standard i could walk into a engineering company and hand over.

Can you be more specific about the corrosion issue? do you have any pics? Just for a 'What to look out for scenario' :D

Back