Help with a tired old Bianchi - project

Good to see progress being made - you're getting on with this much faster than I manage to get on with my projects... :cry:

You should be able to shorten that rear brake cable, that might improve the braking a bit. Have sent you a PM.

Saddle is on, new quick release skewers are on (can't see them though) - getting there . . .

4ec6060c.jpg

I am glad I didn't put it back in the skip like a few people suggested I might want to a couple of weeks a go :LOL:

Getting there quickly.

Its certainly coming together nicely.
I too am glad you didnt put it back in the skip, if a bike can be saved it should be saved.
You've done a grand job and at the same time made it yours, both cosmetically and by investing your care and attention.

Keep the updates coming
Jamie

Saddle looks good Greg, glad to see such speedy progress!

Like Rich said, most of us seem to take ages on our projects, this seems to be going at a rate, now I will look forward to the photo with the bar tape :D

I'm looking to be absolutely happy with the levers before I do the tape, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a week or two before it gets done. Having some difficulty sourcing white hoods at a sensible price, so I've been having a look into just getting a replacement set of levers with hoods on.

Still got to sort out pedals as well.

gregs656":1fw7rl6c said:
I'm looking to be absolutely happy with the levers before I do the tape, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a week or two before it gets done. Having some difficulty sourcing white hoods at a sensible price, so I've been having a look into just getting a replacement set of levers with hoods on.

Still got to sort out pedals as well.

Are you keeping it authentic and going for non-aero levers? If not, you may be able to get some old Shimano Exage aero levers with white hoods 2nd hand for a reasonable sum (nice cheap & cheerful levers those, with a very neat - and foolproof - QR mechanism for when you need to slacken the brakes off).

David

Just been riding it :cool:

I'm still undecided on what to do with the brake levers. I'm looking forward to taking delivery of a replacement set of calipers in the next week or so from Rich.

I am keeping an eye on another sprint on ebay that has been tricked out a bit and has had the frame resprayed (or coated, can't remember) - depending on what that sells for I might consider doing the same to mine.

But for the last couple of weeks it's just been a pleasure to ride it, it doesn't need any more work really.

Yes I can believe that.

I picked up a carrera virtuoso cheap but got rid of it, for what I use a bike for it offered no benefit and the quality just wasn't there IMO.

Keeping a good look out for another steel bike to sink my teeth into.

Back