Mountain Mayhem 2012 - NW&NW Sign up Interest Here

drystonepaul":172xh783 said:
Just a heads up.

mr_ship has informed me that he may not be able to ride due to a persistent knee injury.
So we could really do with sorting out a reserve rider from the NWA.

If anyone is interested in joining a four man team than please let me know on here or via PM.
As far as I know Sinnett177 isn't on a team, not that I'm pressing for him to make a return to his MM roots or anything....

Sad new mr_ship, and I was just about to ask to swap with a 10man rider... looks like we could be a 3man team! I've ridden twice this year, other than a handful of times to work :oops:

Bad news. Was wondering how everyone was getting on, but this wasn't quite the update I was hoping for. 6 weeks to go?

Not even that long!! :eek:

We've lost one rider and are gambling on mrlee getting some favourable holidays...

CharlieBoy was very keen to join the 'fun' :)

I could probably bring along a non-RB'er if we get stuck. Fingers crossed we can get sorted though.

I'm mtb-less at the moment too! Hopefully got a 2002 Stumpy on it's way that'll be slightly more retro-esque than my last bike.

oooh did someone mention my name.

I would be happy to join the girls team, or if thats not possible I can be on the same team as Kiran and the ladies :LOL:

Im going to Mayhem anyway fellas and was intent on riding, let me know if there is a spot available.

Charlieboy

Whats the plan then? Does it start at lunch time Saturday and finish 24hrs later? Do we have a camping area as a group so we're all together? Can you have two riders on the course at the same time from the same team? My first year and I know nothing!

EarlofBarnet":2p29255j said:
Whats the plan then? Does it start at lunch time Saturday and finish 24hrs later? Do we have a camping area as a group so we're all together? Can you have two riders on the course at the same time from the same team? My first year and I know nothing!

The plan.

Some people arrive as early as the Thursday but most begin arriving on site from about midday onwards on Friday.
By this point the early arrivals will usually have taped off a prime trackside camping spot and erected a few Retrobike banners, flags and a small marquee; the idea being that we all camp more or less together.

The race/event starts at high noon on Saturday and finishes at high noon on Sunday.
One rider from each team lines up for a Le Mans style start with about a mile or so of running around a short loop back to your bike in the arena area. You then mount up and head out on your first lap.
It's a relay style event, so only one member of each team should be on the course at any time. Changeovers take place in the arena and the baton is a snap on style wrist band. The idea is of course for each team to complete as many laps as they can within 24 hours.

Half laps, unofficial changeovers by the RB campsite and other Sinnett strategies are to be avoided as they are both illegal and ultimately pointless.

The tradition is that each team captain normally provides a motivational breakfast prior to the event on Saturday morning, with optional abuse and motivational punches throughout the race. The captain also decides the running order, single, double or even triple lap strategies, sleeping arrangements and stupid catchphrases.

Within the RB area we'll have a barbeque, concours event, cask of ale, giant Jenga, and a black tie presentation on Friday evening. (So bring along a suit)
There will also be various sets from mixmaster DJ Bernard and Disco Daj with a Jean-Michel Jarre-esque light show throughout and guest appearances from Mick Dundee, Leo Swayer and the Logchopper will no doubt also occur.

Charlieboy28":1honjzfd said:
oooh did someone mention my name.

I would be happy to join the girls team, or if thats not possible I can be on the same team as Kiran and the ladies :LOL:

Im going to Mayhem anyway fellas and was intent on riding, let me know if there is a spot available.

Charlieboy

Charlie

The Inner Chimps team is solid as a rock. The Granny ring team however appears very flaky at the moment with riders dropping like flies and confusion abound.

I suggest you get in touch with Easy_Rider (Gav), Earl of Barnet (Mat) and/or Wizard of Oz (Kean) to see what the hell is going on.

Perhaps one of you could set up a motivational thread like our Inner Chimp one here: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202664

Good luck.

Back