Surly Moonlander

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cyclemet ... 95774?mt=8

cyclemeter

never faulted and it records everything i need automatically, then i just scroll through or check logs for days, weeks, months, years etc....i like to know what miles i do, and this is more reliable than bike computers, though i run it with one.

cant believe how poor the weather has been....still wont stop me riding this bike though :p

thanks for that :)

how do you find it on the iPhone battery? mapmyride using the built in gps kills my iPhone within about 3 hours.
I have been looking at the Biologic cases with the rechargeable battery built in to charge the iPhone as you use it

Decided to buy a 203mm disc conversion because I was bored....just waiting on rear adaptor to finish.

7c6e9144.jpg

cb0343e8.jpg

rear adaptor came yesterday so whacked the rear disc on and took the bike on a local 15 mile loop....

661feeea.jpg

b6ca1246.jpg

ed21af19.jpg

5867e206.jpg

Agency_Scum":upjfnx30 said:
I've got to have a go on one of them.

i always encourage people to try it out, though its better in the right area, like a beach or rock garden etc.

had about 6 or 7 people taking pics of it today and had a few chats at the local market on newcastles quayside...always gets huge interest.

Agency_Scum":3tnj39fe said:
Scuttles off looking for Ebay Pugsley prices....

older ones still fetch good money, but i sold my 2012 one for £1,000 (was £1350 new) and one exactly the same but with a handful of miles was bought by a friend recently.....for £511 on ebay!!!!

even he couldnt believe it.

moonlanders are £2,000 complete.....but many start modding a few bits.

Just thought I'd make a note of the tires on this bike, currently the bike is at 713 miles (easily 500 road and pavement miles) and they still look pretty fresh.

I was concerned at first as I have a couple of bikes sitting idle but prefer cardio and local loops on this with the comfort being so good.

The BFL tires are not cheap at £90 each but I have worn £40 mtb tires out in well under 500 miles in the past.

I will be keeping an eye on them in the coming summer :cool:

Rear tire at 700 miles...

24c778cf.jpg

bc95caa8.jpg

5317b599.jpg

Front at same miles...

53fc27f4.jpg

Back