saba frames - info?

dsc7029.jpg
[/img]

saba frames

i have just completed a project trying to recreate a classic Saba set up, i have Cinelli / Saba stem etc.

Re: Saba

Old Ned":2o0eh43j said:
orbeas":2o0eh43j said:
Andy

wasnt Phil Edwards Caratti sport from Bristol with his brother Mark???
was the Saba owner called Italo something ????

I think you're correct Barry. Surname is Berigliano or something like that. I'm sure I'll have it somewhere. Ceeway Marketing is the current company that developed from Saba. They still sell the same Long Chen lugs, Columbus tubing etc.

That's right, Italo Berigliano was the driving force but he sadly died, Norman Evans did sales and went on to start Ceeway Marketing. Chris Greener was the accountant.

They imported lots of exotic Italian stuff. I used to buy investment cast lugs and Columbus tubing off them. I particularly remember having a very funky pair of blue and red Columbus branded cycling shoes at a time when all cycling shoes were black.

I'm sure a lot of SABA frames were imports from Italy and these had Italian threaded bottom brackets.

The SABA frames I saw were late 70's and had SABA on the seat stays / seat cluster and also little SABA logo's on the lugs (the little man with hands up LOL)

Ridden by Ian Hallam of KP Crisps- SABA fame :)

Nice frames, seemed to be imported and a tad lighter than regular 531..

Shaun

Re: Saba

Featch":2v9f3cjb said:
Old Ned":2v9f3cjb said:
orbeas":2v9f3cjb said:
Andy

wasnt Phil Edwards Caratti sport from Bristol with his brother Mark???
was the Saba owner called Italo something ????

I think you're correct Barry. Surname is Berigliano or something like that. I'm sure I'll have it somewhere. Ceeway Marketing is the current company that developed from Saba. They still sell the same Long Chen lugs, Columbus tubing etc.

I used to buy investment cast lugs and Columbus tubing off them. I particularly remember having a very funky pair of blue and red Columbus branded cycling shoes at a time when all cycling shoes were black.

I'll bet you bought them through my friend when you were in Huddersfield. Your name is in his little black (blue actually) book. I have a lot of his Columbus, Long Chen etc. brochures.

Midlife":1igwisdb said:
Hi Ned

Did your SABA rep friend cover Yourkshire / Hull in the 70's ?

Shaun

Not sure, he had a shop in Wakefield then so probably not.

I have a SABA crash hat for sale on the For Sale board. I also have a SABA fold-flat disposable razor somewhere...

Attachments

• 14052012100.jpg
    14052012100.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,314
Back