May 2012 BoTM Contest - Nominations Please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
rc200ti":3luamahe said:
This month we have a piece of mountain biking history presented to us, meticulously restored ( and some may see that as taking away its battlescars ). It is not just another Yeti, infact it is so far from being another Yeti that its entry seems unfair on all the other entrants. It is literally in a class of its own. Withdrawl of the the other entrants would acknowledge this , and leave them to fight it out in a couple of months on equal terms.

I understand you like this bike, and you believe it to be a major piece of MTB history, but I don't understand why you would want all the other entrants to bow down in deference to this bike.

If it wins BOTM then at least it will do so against some really stiff competition. That is what it is about. The bikes 'special' quality is that it is a winning competition bike after all.

But if the new owner of the original Breezer just sold by Fairfax Pat decided to enter, then provenance and historical significance are taken to a whole new level IMHO.

I am glad that mr yetifan decided to enter a bike, and that he shared the great story of the bike. I love looking at that dinner plate of a chainring and I salute his dedication in building it up. I also enjoy that other people are excited by it and it's story. But I'm not certain it will get my vote yet, and I look forward to deciding my favourite from a long list of competitors at the end of the month. :D

Hi,
Hard Core 1992 with XC pro Micro Drive and Grafton et beaucoup d'amour.
Philippe

Attachments

• SNC18362.JPG
    SNC18362.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 907
  • SNC18365.JPG
    SNC18365.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 907
I could care less who rode what when...
especially with that ridiculous pie plate in the front...

The Yeti is a nice pop can in my eyes...and at the same time - a dream come true for somebody else...

let the votes go where they may...

but to tell others to pull their entries based on somebody's kid like reverence to the past is a bunch of bullroar.

the Lloyd, the Fat, and many others work far more for me...

hydorah":xr3ejy4h said:
rumpfy":xr3ejy4h said:
<some irrelevant playground rubbish in here>

If that's the quality of your posting, I'm very glad you've made less than 600 posts in 7 years

People with nothing to say should really keep schtum

I have slightly higher post counts elsewhere, young buck.

sinnerman":2d8am14a said:
it is a shame though, when the usual Suspects attempt to stir the pot, try and make it worse, and not actually have anything of structure to say....etc etc... :roll:

Damn those Suspects! :p

i believe in fixies":28phgbm3 said:
sinnerman":28phgbm3 said:
sensational..... :cool:

What no commentary about the photography? Slightly over exposed perhaps? Pushing the iso too high leading to a hint of noise? Could be sharper? Any views on the composition, edge of the rear tyre chopped off? Some gardening tips like getting some path clear down....

A massive :roll: at that comment.

The history is great, the bike is crazy. Isn't that what retrobike is all about?

Cracking stuff this month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back