Dablk's 95' Orange E3

dablk":1l3yuz10 said:
Cheers folks,

New decals came with the bar from another member. The bar was originally as you have described but as logos where faded so I added these new ones. Defo aftermarket as they aren't quite the same size as the old ones. Will have a dig thru my pm and try and rem which mem sold me the bar.

Sure Gil would take about 3 secs to alter his replica design if you asked him.

Have had some decals from Gil in the past, so dropped him a line after I posted this just in the off chance, and low and behold he does have them on file and can replicate the original 'outlined text' for HotRods :) Happy Days, build is looking good :)

Jussa :)

Hi, I may be able to help on the seatclamp front if you are still looking. I recently gave away my cracked e3 frame that I'd had since '98 to a chap who wanted to have a go at fixing it, but I still have the original seatclamp somewhere. Also have the rest of the xtr kit from the bike, + the wheels and panaracer tyres (although one wheel + tyre is up in scotland, long story) lying about in a box somewhere...

Its been a while, mainly due to moving bikes to loft to store furniture.
Anyway wheel building went well. Although I must have only done about 5 miles on them so we will see ;). It didnt seem that hard just methodic. and I did build one of those nipple drivers to get them all started about the same.

nice new mavic 317 rims on xt 737 hubs.

Cables done.

Leaves me with seat choice, seat clamp (murray might have an option on this), rear skewer and pedals.

As its going to be the run around I cant decide on flats, clips, spds or flats with spds.. still thining on that one.

Not all polished up right now but heres a couple of new ones.

e3may1.jpg

e3may.jpg

Should be to long now.
ticktock modern clockwork is waiting in the wings.

Cheers dossa,

Did you come to a conclusion about re lacquer with your p7 (love the black fork)?

Seriuosly thinking of having this pro polished then lacquer to keep it looking top.

anyone had this done?

Really nice work. I'd be chuffed to bits if I get close to this sort of result. How much should a decent replacement frame cost if I can find one?

I'm thinking of getting a pair of NOS Pace RC35s from justbackdated, but other than that I can see myself pinching quite a few ideas from your build :)

Hi.. Azaro sold and re bought the frameset for around £100 collected .It's probably tougher finding one than worrying about the exact cost. Everything else is pretty standard kit as far as finding it.
Good luck.

I've had a reply to my wanted ad from bhill22 - it looks like he sells quite a bit on here. He's coming back to me with photos of an e2 frame and a full e3 build he has available tomorrow morning so see what comes of that..

how have you found is the best way to source other parts? Do you just ask around on this forum or look elsewhere?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated

Best thing s to work out your spec and then either wait for sales to appear or stick up a wanted ad.. Althought the fact your advertising you want somthing does drive the price up a bit normally.

A full build usually sells for much less than the sum of its parts.

Back