JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Finished restoration

DSC08034.jpg

Time for me to join again ………. (though a little modern ) :oops:

Number 55/200

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,686
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,686
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,685
No original but still a very nice bike

I bought my clockwork off a mate who B.I.T.D I used to go racing with, It was raced for three seasons 1994-1998 before being retired in favour of his newly aquired Mantra Pro. Obviously it looked tired and needed a lot of TLC, hence why it’s no longer in original spec, as almost all the components needed replacing and at the time I had the luxury of an almost complete M900 NOS groupset (I sold the rapidfire brake combo's as I was more into Gripshift, and sadly I junked the rigid forks and the original DX groupset.) YOU LIVE AND LEARN :oops: !!!
I had it repainted about seven/eight years ago by Argos in Bristol and substituted the original Metallic Blue with Green, and had them remove the mud guard/ rack eyelets off the rear as I thought it detracted from its “Racer image” back then the closest I could find to the original decals were Clockwork Anniversary decals so these were adapted and used before the clear coat applied. Sadly the Orange headtube badge had changed to the one with wings and was unsuitable, mind you the one I applied isn't a lot better :oops: , thankfully its ontop of the laquar, maybe one day I'll locate something more in keeping ! :LOL:
Okay its along way from the original, and may upset the purest on here, but it allows an old dog to live another day, The girlfriend (who it was built for) never rode it as I “got a little too precious” and the Wife doesn't like the fact I built it for someone else :twisted: so she’s on one of the Bike Huts finest budget bikes which she’s happy to leave when out and about. If it was a bit bigger or I was a bit shorter I’d ride it myself…. So unfortunately this is a garage queen, well at least until my 4yr old daughter grows up... that is if she would be seen dead riding a bike that will always be 15yrs older than her (think I've answered that one for myself :roll: :roll: )

Attachments

• DSCF7163.JPG
    DSCF7163.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 2,000
  • DSCF7169.JPG
    DSCF7169.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 2,000
  • DSCF7161.JPG
    DSCF7161.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 2,000
  • DSCF7175.JPG
    DSCF7175.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 2,001
  • DSCF7159 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    DSCF7159 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 2,000
steve86":zkl6wdpi said:
not one for the purists,

005-4.jpg

Maybe not, (but then neither is mine) but it's diversity that makes this site so interesting, if every bike remained the same as the day it left the factory we'd have nothing to talk about or no debates on the rights or wrongs of a build.

Is that wall art or do you use it, :!:
You must need to give it the worlds best clean before being allowed anywhere near that white wall with it :LOL:

Back