Sponsorship info for Laz's L2P & apology

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm so sorry that my life has sort of splashed over your boards. It's not that I'm ashamed of my illness, just that I feel bad the way it has come out as perhaps a shock to some of you. I apologise if anyone feels I have perhaps kept them in the dark.

Being here was a wonderful escape from the tedium of being me. I have enjoyed so much reading endless reams of info, and particularly seeing bikes I only ever dreamed of, but mostly the inspiration to get back on my bike for long hauls again. I know I was born to ride, always knew, ridden since I was 8 and the road was too short ... not long enough, just like my legs :LOL: .

I went in search of a chromed nut for my Monoplaner Chorus brakes on Ebay a few years back and ended up buying quite a few bikes instead. 1 of those bikes was a Turbo Mecacycle. The seller posted a link to me about here asking if I'd keep him up to date on its refurb. Now I feel like I've found a home I lost way back in 1986 after Heysel, yes that hit me too :-( T'was Hillsborough that finished me off in 1989. I was an omeba by 1992, and lay dormant and lost to the world until 2008.

Throughout everything I always cycled whenever I could, even when I was totally out of it (quite scary actually, I never knew where I'd been or how I got there & back, but that's cycling for you). My trusty Faggin saved me from total insanity.

I guess what I'm saying is "Thank You". Having here to come to has been immense for me, being here has brought me to the point of being "up for" The Macmillan L2P July4th 2012. My presence there is solely due to this site, the people I've met on here, and the inspiration it's put back inside of me. I was going to ask without this being known, but honesty has always been my bedrock in life, so honest I shall stay :)

My donation page is https://www.justgiving.com/Anthony-Mottram should anyone care to sponsor me. Any and all donations for this very worthy cause would be most welcome and hugely appreciated.

A friend of my wifes recently lost her 8 year old daughter to brain cancer after a long fight. Her name was Isi. An old friend of mine recently lost his wife in her 40's. I have a long list of good people whom are gone to this awful illness. Despite my own unrelated illness it's time I gave something back to this world, before I am unable. My awakening was short lived and it encroaches once more. I have enjoyed immensely my 4 years of freedom. Thank You for being here, all the best yours Anthony S Mottram aka Laz.

Lazarus":34t6nqtz said:
I'm so sorry that my life has sort of splashed over your boards. It's not that I'm ashamed of my illness, just that I feel bad the way it has come out as perhaps a shock to some of you. I apologise if anyone feels I have perhaps kept them in the dark.

Nah, don't fret about it - it's good to get these things out of your system sometimes; I know it's a bit of a tired old catchphrase [1] but a problem shared can be a problem halved. Good luck with L2P and the fundraising!

David

[1] See also: Forsyth, Bruce

Lazarus":3h14zcrg said:
I went in search of a chromed nut for my Monoplaner Chorus brakes on Ebay a few years back and ended up buying quite a few bikes instead.

Sounds like a Bob Dylan lyric. It also sums up the state of my garage at the moment...

Everyone remembers Heysel and Hillsborough. It's humbling to know that someone who's been through all of what you describe is committing so much time and effort to helping others. It's a cause that means a lot to me too. You've nothing to apologise for mate - best of luck for the ride and don't go mad in the duty free if you have to carry it in your panniers...

The French have a word - it applies to you:

Chapeau!

You have sponsorship ;)

Chapeau!

You should change the title of this thread as you of all people have nothing to apologize for :)
As above 'Chapeau!'
Sponsorship on its way.

All the very best
Jamie

Thank You Gentleman, "your generosity is greatly appreciated". Each & every donation means that someone is behind me, and right now moral support is as equal as donations. Your donations so far have exceeded my wildest expectations and I've no doubt parts of my thoughts on the ride will be with people from here. My very best to you all, and updates shall be regular, yours "Laz the Hat"

Another bump for a worthy cause. I'll be at work on the day, sat at my desk with the A/C on, occasionally stopping for a coffee, perusing eBay bids and seeing who's riding what on Retrobike.

As opposed to cycling from London to Paris to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Just caught up with your story Laz. Sorry to hear about your struggles but on the other hand you have my admiration and respect.

Pay day today so I'll be sure to get some sponsorship down for you. Furthermore if you or anyone else riding needs anything bike related give me a shout and I'll help if I can.

So more to the point; what are you riding!?

Well I for one am glad your life have splashed over this board. Anyone who loves cycling is a friend you haven't met yet. I'll leave you a great quote from a great man :) Unfortunately it wouldn't fit on your donations page!

As a kid I had a dream - I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got the bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bike in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it in my bed. ~ John Lennon

Back