1995 Kilauea - Rusty Rat

Needs some oil on the skinwalls. The kind you find on a very dirty chain. Same with the crankset and the hubs really. They're far too clean.

Just my opinion, of course.

Gravy Monster":2v6blnd0 said:
Ankor Wax seems to be the way to go, apparently will polish up also :cool:
Linseed oil is definitely the best thing to use; I have had several bare-steel bikes before and it gives excellent protection without really affecting the appearance. It dries to a gummy finish, so it won't rub off on your clothes.

And it smells nice!

Raging_Bulls":36u5zcvz said:
Needs some oil on the skinwalls. The kind you find on a very dirty chain. Same with the crankset and the hubs really. They're far too clean.

Just my opinion, of course.

The tyres were from a bike jumble and are quite ratty already in places ;)

The look I am after is rusty frame with a clean and shiny drive train , I like thought of a rusty car that looks like a wreck but you pop the hood and a shiny v8 with polished carburettors greets you without a dirty finger print in sight :cool: and of course runs like a dream !

frinkmakesyouthink":36u5zcvz said:
Gravy Monster":36u5zcvz said:
Ankor Wax seems to be the way to go, apparently will polish up also :cool:
Linseed oil is definitely the best thing to use; I have had several bare-steel bikes before and it gives excellent protection without really affecting the appearance. It dries to a gummy finish, so it won't rub off on your clothes.

And it smells nice!

Sounds good, I will PM you for some info ;)

Looks fantastic!
Cracking work, as always.
I think some plain black decals, before you coat it, would finish it off a treat ;)

Wasn't sure at first but now its finished it looks cool..But protect it so it doesn't rust away, my allltime fave Kona :cool:

PS whats the chain? wouldn't mind one of them :)

:cool: love it - is the surface rust done just by the british humidity or did you water the frame to achieve that look ?

saddle fits nicely into the colour concept :)

I have a new Favourite Bike on RetroBike...... :cool:
Love this

What you need to do now, is sling it to the roof of this and use it as the show ride
p61205622ma.jpg

G

Gruff":28uma504 said:
Wasn't sure at first but now its finished it looks cool..But protect it so it doesn't rust away, my allltime fave Kona :cool:

PS whats the chain? wouldn't mind one of them :)

Its a KMC Gold and black X9 something, I have the box at home and will get the exact model

Back