My RB Build History - a few words and a few pics!

Rich34":q2n1yhtx said:
Understood - it's still an astonishing collection to have gone through...!

Thank you :)

With my continual ill-health the builds have given me something to focus on. However with a gradual decline in health the Lloyd may well be my last for the for-seeable future :(

Cheers

wadsy":hrwax8rm said:
Rich34":hrwax8rm said:
And I thought I was in too deep...! What an unbelievable thread, even if many of them have been sold on. Must show my missus all this, to put my own modest collection in proportion.

I found Retrobike when I contacted a mate back in the UK I used to ride with back in the day, and who is still in the bike trade, with advice about reburbishing my old Specialized after 15 years of no cycling. I'd bought some modern magazines and didn't recognise anything at all, other than the Specialized logo. He said "you should have a look at a site called Retrobike, there's loads of stuff there you'd recognise."

Abandon hope all ye who enter here... :twisted:

I 'only' have the ones in my sig under the 'current' heading ;) all others have gone, as under the 'previous' heading in my sig ;)

Cheers
I understand completely.

For the purposes of other family members reading, these other bikes aren't the droids, sorry, bikes they're looking for.

wadsy":kiim150w said:

With my continual ill-health the builds have given me something to focus on. However with a gradual decline in health the Lloyd may well be my last for the for-seeable future :(

Cheers

It's bad enough seeing people having to sell things they cherish for financial reasons, health reasons are another thing altogether. Hope there's some improvement soon mate.

Rich34":1ulk9bhd said:
wadsy":1ulk9bhd said:

Cheers

It's bad enough seeing people having to sell things they cherish for financial reasons, health reasons are another thing altogether. Hope there's some improvement soon mate.

Thank you; I hope so too.

wadsy":3ss5f1vd said:

Cheers

Well, if you have to stop for a while, then for me you couldn't have paused at a better moment, as your Dave LLoyd is stunning.

Like you, I came to RB searching for information.. I forget what now. At the time I had two GT mtbs and was more than happy with that. I have since developed a British custom frame fetish, and man I have got it bad :twisted:

I can only wish you the best for the future, and hope that you add a few more British (and other) builds to you incredible portfolio.

I would also like to add a vote for the 'Retro Knight' banner.

Some 19 months ago I was either searching ebay or google for bike parts one evening. At the time I was blissfully unaware of Retrobike until I was redirected to it. Result - immediate addiction. In the early stages I saw one of Wadsy's builds - a Kona I think - which was just 'class'.
Soon afterwards I bought some bars from him and said that it was a privilege to buy from 'the legendary Wadsy' who had built that bike. He is one of Retrobike's legends and every time I see a 'Wadsy build' it has class all over it. There's only one thing wrong with that fabulous Dave Lloyd? It's not mine :LOL:

I wish you well Martin.

One more vote for the Retro Knight banner.

Managed to finish the Whiskeytown Racer off so thought I'd update this thread! :)

Cheers

I doff my cap to you sir, that is a stunning collection of bikes/builds, makes me look at myself and think what a lazy git you are :cry:

And to add to this you have done it all with ill health makes it amazing in my opinion, i hope whatever ails you is'nt getting you down too much and the new treatment you previously mentioned is doing the job for you!

I still regard myself as being very new on here, i only joined as i was curious after stumbling in here from google, had originally wanted a '96 zaskar as a mate had one originally, then after a chat with another friend who still rides a '97 kilauea, i decided i wanted some old skool steel, so just scoured the bay till my '98 caldera popped up which i thought looked ace, and the seller had listed it as 'the last of the steel heroes' i had to have it....

Fast forward and ive got two frames that are just impulse buys/wall art, an '88 (i think) Klein Pinnacle, and a '94 Lava Dome, i have a full '93 Lava Dome my Caldera, and now on the way a '96 Marin Indian Fire trail!

This place is ace, full of friendly people who are just as nuts/addicted/stuck in the 1990'2/past as i am and i love it, although i really need to get out on my bike more, instead of just looking through stunning builds like yours, so in afterthought, its your fault im fat and lazy, so stop posting stunning pictures of pretty bikes please (lol, just kidding on that one obviously)

Keep up the good work, and i wish you the best of health for 2013 :cool:

Spudly":3qs27hd7 said:
I doff my cap to you sir, that is a stunning collection of bikes/builds, makes me look at myself and think what a lazy git you are :cry:

And to add to this you have done it all with ill health makes it amazing in my opinion, i hope whatever ails you is'nt getting you down too much and the new treatment you previously mentioned is doing the job for you!

I still regard myself as being very new on here, i only joined as i was curious after stumbling in here from google, had originally wanted a '96 zaskar as a mate had one originally, then after a chat with another friend who still rides a '97 kilauea, i decided i wanted some old skool steel, so just scoured the bay till my '98 caldera popped up which i thought looked ace, and the seller had listed it as 'the last of the steel heroes' i had to have it....

Fast forward and ive got two frames that are just impulse buys/wall art, an '88 (i think) Klein Pinnacle, and a '94 Lava Dome, i have a full '93 Lava Dome my Caldera, and now on the way a '96 Marin Indian Fire trail!

This place is ace, full of friendly people who are just as nuts/addicted/stuck in the 1990'2/past as i am and i love it, although i really need to get out on my bike more, instead of just looking through stunning builds like yours, so in afterthought, its your fault im fat and lazy, so stop posting stunning pictures of pretty bikes please (lol, just kidding on that one obviously)

Keep up the good work, and i wish you the best of health for 2013 :cool:

Thanks for taking the time to write your reply Spudly :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy RB.

Cheers

Back